Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
FL
City
Clermont
I went to my attorney to have my living will redone. I have a power of attorney. I have made the decision that at the time of my choosing I may decide to evoke vsed.... I want everything spelled out so my healthcare surrogate/ power of attorney doesn't have to do any thinking. Only follow my wishes. My attorney will not put this in my living will because he says its against his Christian beliefs. Ideas on how to get this done?

Do you think you can find another attorney ?

Yes, there are many attorneys. You can also use prefab forms valid in Florida, and just get them witnessed/notarized.

Gosh I hate to say it so bluntly but the answer is to simply get a real attorney!

My attorney gave my husband and I all the papers with detailed lists of possibilities. His only advice was to take our time. He gave no preference whatsoever.

I agree with others...get another attorney!

Cathy

I can’t believe VSED in a person with an imminently terminal condition would go against any religion, but obviously I’m naive.

Yes, get another attorney. They are everywhere :).

I don’t know if it’s necessary, but as an additional measure of security for my family, I wrote out my end of life wishes for a number of scenarios and made a video of me reading them. I then signed the paper and put it in the file with my advanced directive papers.

This way nobody in my family can question that I didn’t make these decisions or that I wasn’t in my right mind at the time. I also reminded my spouse/ CALS that I did this and where to find the papers and the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back