Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
Living in a long term hotel with a forgetful, often confused hsband with als and an emotional teenager who believes we are destroying the only home he has ever known. Work has never looked so good.

The renovations to our house began today....well the demolition phase.....everone is freaked and I can barely move from all the physical work inthe last few days. Needless to say, my sense of humor has fled for a day or two!

Oh Steph, worried this would be overwhelming for you all. Renovations are difficult in the best circumstances. But it will be worth it in the end. Will just keep my fingers crossed that your contractor sticks to the job and your stayin the hotel is short. And if your contractor doesn't line up a cleaning crew, be sure you arrange for that! My contractor had a lady here for two days- and then my granddaughter came for another day- and I still found lots of dust. It's unavoidable when you tear things out- but picture an easier life when it is done. Hugs and patience and good humor are sent your way! You'll need them all. Donna

Sounds awful fun Steph... Hang in there

The upside is I have to chill because there is nothing for me to do. :)

See Steph, there is ALWAYS a bright side.
Sometimes you have to stand on your head in your undies to find it though...
God bless, Janelle x

Donna there is almost nothing left in my house. Entertainment center, dining chairs,table, and buffet, one couch, 2chairs, 2dressers. That's it!

Smart girl to clear things out during the mess!
Hope you are enjoying having nothing to do (but you do have your guys!). A good time to reflect on what a great job you are doing for your fellows! And to take long soaking baths, read a book and enjoy the luxury. It won't last, will it!
Hugs to you,superwoman! Donna

send pics if you can! ours is starting now ...

What pics would you like max? We have been banned from the house temporarily during demolition.

>What pics would you like max? We have been banned from the house temporarily during demolition

we are trying to do before/afters

Ok will do. I took the befores.....

Dust has set off our heat and fire alarm sensors 3 times in about fifteen minutes. Glad we arent therebreathing it. Hope you arent either Max!

Sending hugs! Hang in there.

Our bathroom has been stripped bare to plumbing and electric hookups, the tile is 95% gone .throughout the house. Cabinets are coming out to make way for the roll under sinks. We used the tile we had chosen to "design " our shower and bathroom today. So much done in such a short time!

Max, I have to get the tablet from Steve to see if the before pics are on it. Otherwise it will have to be after it is done:(

>Max, I have to get the tablet from Steve to see if the before pics are on it. Otherwise it will have to be after it is done

make sure you have auto upload turned on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back