Not open for further replies.

char

Country
US
State
Texas
City
Benbrook
Does anyone have info about a Dr. in Mexico, injecting frozen sheep embro cells into PALS? Thanks, Char.

No and I'd bet that is right up there with all the other stem cell scams too. I think that would be a baaad idea using animal cells in humans. How nuts are these guys. Sorry for the baaaad joke but you must be kidding right?

animal embro cells, you got to be kidding?

Sounds like you need to do some serious research on the internet. If nothing else use the search link above and check for stem cells and see what other people have said here at the very least.

God Bless
Big AL

P.S. Good yoke there al

stem cells

Has anyone heard of anyone taking stem cells drawn from their own body and later reinjected for als/mnd? I know they are doing this for some cancer patients with good results? Barry

Hi Barry. They tried that in Toronto a couple of years ago and it kind of fizzled out. Not exactly sure what happened but I don't think the preliminary tests showed promise. AL.

live cell therapy

Thanks for your imput on cell therapy my husband was told about it at work, I said if anyone would know it would be yall! You when you are looking for anything to work! Thanks,Char

Hi Char. Hope you didn't think we were insensitive to you but you need to know that there are all kinds of people out there that will try to separate you from your money selling you false hope. If ANY of these treatments worked they would be splashed all over every newspaper and news show in the world. The sellers say that the drug companies wouldn't allow it. That's a load of cow pies. Be aware Be very aware. AL.

I have been to the University of Miami's medical campus for an ongoing trial with a drug called aromoclimol .During the 4 months of treatment I had plenty of chances to ask about the things that I picked up on in different als info pages . I heard about this stem cell implants that was going on in mexico. The head of neurology Dr.Bradley and the neurologist under him Dr.Verma both warned me of the outcomes of those experiments .
If you seek medical profesionalisim then the good ole U.S.A. is where you want to stay .Belive me I thought of going to Portugal to try out the stem cell implants . I think I will use my bipap and wait until I know that we have done it right ,right here in our own greatest country of all . We have the most advanced medical in the world and if you research more I'm sure you'll agree.

More detailed info on Stem Cell's

For those of you asking about stem cells or considering them for ALS treatment, it would be worth reading an article in the August 7, 2006 issue of Time magazine. It is eye opening and gives great detail, for example one small quote,

"The long term promise is boundless, but the immediate barriers are high. The only people who claim to have succeeded in creating human-stem-cell lines through nuclear transfer were the South Koreans researchers who turned out to be frauds".

Another quote,"

"Regulators want data on how the cells will behave in the human body. Stem cells have shown a dismaying talent for turning into tumors. Will they migrate into unwanted areas? No one knows".

There is progress being made in the stem cell research as it applies to ALS and other diseases, but there is still much research to do before it is ready for treatment for humans.

Please if you are concerning stem cell therapy buy this magazine and read the scientific findings. We do not have a treatment yet for ALS I am sorry to report. When one is found you can be sure it will make the headlines of every newspaper. Please do not fall for frauds or scammers who just want your money.

God Bless
Big AL

Stem Cell

Hi!

I have heard good and bad about stem cell.

Best to all,

Jack's sister in law

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jack's Sil. While stem cell research shows promise I think it is still quite a ways off from being a cure yet. I hope I'm here for it but it's not proven technology yet.

:oops: Yes AL I felt like an idiot, coz I'm not use to chatting on the net muchless typing. My husband's diagnosed of ALS has got me a' lil :confused: ! You know so much about this. How long have you had this? I wish you well!, Thanks for all your info. char:cry:
Al said:
Hi Char. Hope you didn't think we were insensitive to you but you need to know that there are all kinds of people out there that will try to separate you from your money selling you false hope. If ANY of these treatments worked they would be splashed all over every newspaper and news show in the world. The sellers say that the drug companies wouldn't allow it. That's a load of cow pies. Be aware Be very aware. AL.

Hey Char. As I said I wasn't trying to embarass you but I wasn't sure if you were trying to pull our leg. People do that every once in a while here just to be silly. They don't stay long. I've been diagnosed 3 years now. Having a husband with this diagnosis is just devastating I know. Ask any questions you need to know and use the search function. There are a lot of topics that have been talked about before. If you have a problem using it let me know and I'll give you a run down on how it works. AL.

Big Al, I read almost the identical information in the August or September issue of Discovery.

Boundless hope in stem cells, but nothing as of today, and still a ways off for stem cell treatments.

Re: stem cell

Hi I haven't visited for a while, my husband has ALS, he was diagnosed 5 years ago, he has a combination of bulbar and upper body progression. He is holding on...... At any rate, he took part in a study a few years ago that wasn't just in Toronto, it was right here in Vancouver. He had cells from his body removed and treated and then reinjected all at once. This was the first phase or 'toxicity' study. The purpose of the study was just to see if any harm would come to the recipients of the treatment - basically if it didn't kill the study subjects, they could move on. No harm was done (no help either, though they said not to expect it to do anything) and the results were put in a report which went to the reserach/funding people to prepare for the next phase of clinical trials. As with everything else, it takes a lot of money to get these things happening but I understand that the next phase will be starting next year..... don't quote me on that because since my husband has progressed further, he is not a viable candidate for the next phase. There is alot of hope with stem cell research - it's just a question of time - unfortunately we're not sure if my man has that kind of time. Hope that sheds a little light. By the way, let me add my voice to the others - DO NOT listen to the 'cures' on the internet or whereever. The ALS professionals community know more about treatments/cures than anyone and they will be the first to tell you - not the internet. Too many people are giving wrong information out there and it does nothing but harm.
Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back