live cell therapy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update on that study Holly. I had heard about it starting and even had volunteered to be in it but other issues arose and I didn't hear any more about it for the longest time. I had heard that they weren't buoyed by the results but at least we now know where it stands. Thanks again. AL.

Sounds about right... I heard about the autologous stem cell therapy from Neil Cashman when he was at U of T and Sunnybrook so it makes sense that the research would continue in Vancouver now that he's defected to the left coast!
The quote that was given to me about the frontiers of ALS research went something like... "we have learned 80 % of what we know about the sickness in the last 10 years." Stem cells are only a part of the research!

T.

Article in Time on Stem Cells

I finally found a link to the article about the stem cell research story in Time magazine. You can read it for yourself at:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1220538,00.html

Interesting start I think? It is several pages long, be sure to click next page at the bottom.

From the Magazine | Science
Stem Cells: The Hope And The Hype

The debate is so politically loaded that it's tough to tell who's being straight about the real areas of progress and how breakthroughs can be achieved. TIME sorts it out
By NANCY GIBBS

God Bless
Big AL

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back