Other
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Mississauga
Hello,

I'm a 23 year old male and I've noticed 1, maybe 2 things that may be troubling.

I've been having a little bit of trouble typing. It comes and goes. For example, earlier this morning I was getting a lot of fatigue typing, but right now it's not so bad. I type a lot of notes. In the past 3 weeks I've typed upwards of 120 pages of notes. I also do a lot of writing.

I originally noticed the pain on Monday of this week in my left wrist and palm, now I notice it in both forearms. I feel fine otherwise. I have some muscle cramping throughout my body, but I think some of that is due to the cold.

It's the issue with my hands and forearms that is the concern.

I regularly do physical exercise that uses my hands. On saturday I trained two hours of Judo which requires a lot of gripping and I didn't notice any issues. My intuition is that if it is ALS or another MND, it would not have progressed so rapidly, but I can't figure out what else it could be.

Cheers

Something I forgot to mention.

I read the sticky where it said sensory symptoms are not ALS. I'm not sure what "tingling" refers to, but my arms have the same feeling my legs get due to restless leg syndrome. Like a crawling. A compulsion to shake it out if that makes sense?

From everything I've read, weakness is the intial symptom, followed by twitching and spacity. The pain associated with this disease is usually not felt until later stages as it affects motor nerves, not sensory parts

Thanks.

I'm not sure if I have a sensory symptom. Tingling is kind of ambiguous (I understand this is a forum). I'm leaning towards having fatigue rather than muscle weakness. If I don't type for a little bit, I feel much better.

Its a good sign. Usually the weakness presents when doing something you've done before, everyday activities, like buttoning your shirt or opening a bottle. Everyones hand tires from typing, and if you work with computers like I did it's a regular thing

Thank you.

I think the restless "tingling" in my arms, coupled with what seems to be fatigue AND the fact that it came on so quickly (literally, before Monday, my arms, wrist and forearm felt fine) suggest its either simply muscle fatigue or something like CTS.

Apologies for sounding like a neurotic hypochondriac.

Preaching to the choir bro, I'm dealing with it myself. Got a dr. visit on Saturday to discuss elevated cpk. I wish you luck and a great life

Thanks for the responses.

I have arm fatigue. That is to say, I can still DO everything I usually do with my arms, it just feels more tiring. Im assuming it's from bad posture when typing. I also checked my weight because I thought I was dehydrated, down 5 lbs from Sunday (I haven't been intaking a lot of fluids).

I have muscle twitching, but it started the day after I discovered this forum, and I often have muscle twitching when I'm stressed/worried.

I appreciate the responses. Hope everything works out well for all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back