Lithium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you taking it Leo? I know some of the other members on here are? I also wonder what benefit there would be to those of us in the "probably neuromuscular but not yet diagnosed" category.

leo:

We have been discussing the lithium option in the ALS/MND research section. Once a study with larger numbers of patients can be unertaken, then we will have a firmer sense of the efficacy of Lithium. So far, the news is good, apparently. Please keep us posted on your own individual response to lithium.

I deeply and sincerely hope that the lithium therapy does in fact stop further progression of the disease, or even slow it down. More power to the PALS for taking this informal study (the spreadsheet to track effects) into your own hands. There is not always time to wait for the slow process of formal scientific investigations, though these are also critical to confirm or refute the results of the Italian study. If my dad were still around, I would encourage him to try it, as there is just about nothing to lose. Also, lithium has been used as an effective drug for other illnesses for many years, and therefore doctors will have access to it and it is not so experimental as taking something that is not already approved for other uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back