Status
Not open for further replies.
Lithium has a neuroprotective effect, so in theory it should be able to protect neurons in the precentral gyrus. Look up lithium neuroprotective effect.
I'm taking it, and after having problems with excessive thirst, the only side effect that doesn't go away is having to find a bathroom often. I don't like that, but we do what we must. Also, I was told in the low mg range, 150-300, lithium doesn't need to be monitored via blood test. This drug has a narrow window of action, too little, you get nothing, too much, you get toxic kidney stuff...it's the goldilocks drug!

Hey folks,

I have been taking lithium since December 08.

Yes , it takes some getting used to. About 4 - 5 weeks for me. I wasn't dizzy, but just zoned out. Soaking in a hot tub of water will increase these effects. What a trip ;)

The blood tests are to (in non doctor terms - I'm not a Dr.) is to monitor the levels in the blood serum. The levels I am told to be at is between .25 and .40 . I am currently taking 300mg twice daily. I worked up to that level where it started registering.

Side effects for me:
it makes you yawn - those suck the air out of the room type of yawns.
if you are tired (energy is low) - you get into the zone , space the final frontier
(of course - you can use the zoning out at work to ignore those pesky people) HA!
last but not least - if you are going to do it , be consistent - not taking the lithium on time makes me feel fugly.

I am not on any trials . I heard of the successful study and approached my GP for the lithium.

Hope this info helps.
Glen

I am not going to post the side effects I got from taking it! It would scare you to death. Suffice it to say that it increased my progression exponentially and it totaled my breathing and I ended up with a trache and vent. I am glad it works for some people but I regret trying it.

Joel,

Did you notice an increase in fasiculations while you were on it?

No, I did not notice as the other side effects were severe. Fascics were not on my mind. So I did not notice.

Joel,

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back