Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Pensacola
I was wondering has anyone found any liquid vitamins that they sugguest using? The only liquid mul-vitamin I have found is centrum. I'm trying to find something that will help supplement my mother-in-laws diet. She is still able to eat a little on her own and we supplement with ensure through feeding tube, but still lossing weight she is 4'10" and 98 bls.

liquid vitamins

Hello, It can be a real problem getting meds. and supplements in when swallowing is getting difficult.
We would crush meds, except Pentasa (not used for ALS, needed for Crohn's disease), then mix with water or ensure to the correct consistency and put all in the peg tube.
We also had a supplement called Peptomin plus we added protein powder that gave a higher calorie intake and helped maintain weight.
Using peg tube also helped get more fluid intake.
Hope this helps you
Take care
Jane

Has anyone had any luck in finding a very low-cost vitamins? Which vitamins are the most critical to maintain health?

Michael, Look on my thread and I posted the vitamin regimin I have been taking for the last 2 yrs.

I'm not sure about the States, but in Toronto, I have a few places I can go to with my mum's prescribed pills where they turn them into a liquid form. It's much easier for my mum to take some of her meds this way. Some of her pills when crushed are so very bitter that we have trouble hiding them in her food and she has trouble swallowing them. www.themedicineshoppe.on.ca is one of the sites. Click on the compounding tab for info on turning pills into liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back