Liquid vitamins/Medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellyRenee

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the need for liquid vitamins and/or medication? Also that you would share. Mom takes Rilutek, multi-vitamins, calcium and Vitamin E. She chockes many times on her pills.

Thank you,
Shelly

Hi again Shelly:

We used to grind 'em up and give them to my wife mixed-in with apple sauce. The consistency was about right for her to swallow.

Hope this helps.

CHeers

T.

I've heard others using yogurt to aid in swallowing crushed pills.

Hi Shelly,
I take most of my pills in my feeding tube, but do take some things crushed (with a little pill crusher bought at the drugstore) and mixed with yougurt. Any pills that are in capsules with little granules, I open and mix the little granuals with pudding. I find that consistancy better for holding the granules.
Hope this helps.

There are good liquid multivitamins availible...

This is the one I take from AwarenessLife.com

Daily Complete is a great tasting liquid supplement. This proprietary balanced blend of ingredients delivers 180 vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, fruits and vegetables, amino acids, herbs, and other important accessory nutrients to your body in one liquid ounce a day.

Ingredients
Recommended Adult Use: Take 1 ounce
(30 mL) per day during or after a meal.
Servings Per Container: 30

One serving (30mL) of Daily Complete contains:

MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS

Vitamin A (from Acetate & Beta Carotene) 10,000 IU
Vitamin D 400 IU
Vitamin E 30 IU
Vitamin C 150 mg
Vitamin B1 6 mg
Vitamin B2 4.25 mg
Niacinamide 20 mg
Vitamin B6 5 mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 100 mcg
Biotin 120 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 10 mg
Potassium 25 mg
Zinc 15 mg
Selenium 80 mcg
Manganese 3 mg
Copper 2 mg
Silicon 30 mg
Chromium 50 mcg
Choline 50 mg
Inositol 50 mg
Coenzyme Q10 1 mg

Mix with little OJ...mmm mmm good!
All natural too...

Last edited by a moderator:
They are coming out with more and more liqiud vitamins all the time. Calcium comes in many flavors and then they also have the sublinguial type where you just put the pill under the tongue and it melts on its own. As far as the rilutek you would still have to crush that one but like others have said mixed with yogurt or applesauce helps ease it down. Anything that will help your mothers choking is worth a try and of course the liquids and the ones under the tongue do get into the blood stream faster.
Kim ALS About Loving Someone

Hate to be the devil's advocate here Mike but it sounds like a good supplement but what's it cost? Your health is priceless but cost does come into the equation for some of us.

Hi all,
The liquid supplement sounds great, except for those of us who choke on liquids. The OJ would have to be thickened before we could take it.

The 'Daily Complete' is $39.95cdn for a 1 month supply...
Which is fairly reasonable for an All-Natural (no pill) complete daily multi-vitamin.

For those who have trouble with liquids and no g-tube...
Mix your liquid supplements with yogurt.
Less chance of choking on little bits of uncrushed pill. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back