Distinguished member
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Auburn
Hey you guys,

Sorry for being a stranger lately. School and life is just so crazy right now. I wanted to come and update my story for those that have been there supporting me and following me through all of this.

I had my another check in with my doctor yesterday to test my strength, reflexes, and atrophy..blah blah..you know how it goes.

So my strength is still 5/5 all around. My Romberg is now absent which is a switch from falling over to the right at the ALS Clinic in April. My reflexes have gone down in my legs but are still quite brisk in my arms. Still no clonus, hoffmans, babinskis..nada...he jerked on my ankles for awhile of which I had to remind him that I was still in a quite a bit of pain.

He also noted no new atrophy or thinning. My tongue looks quite good, no twitching, and my speech is pretty good. A little choppy and slow every now and then but most days I rattle off. so I was happy with my visit and he noted significant improvement from the last time he saw me in his notes to my doctors in Atlanta.

They ran a battery of new tests one to check for vasculitis bc of the livido reticulitis they found in my legs. They also ran my new Western Blot for Lymes along with a CD57 to see how the treatment is fairing against George.

If the WB comes back negative of which he doesnt think it will, then I dont have to go back on Rocephin and they will just continue treating the multiplex. I think I am ok with that.

I have been walking all over campus, I played my first game of volleyball this week and played another game yesterday and went out dancing last night. I feel so much better. The twitching is almost non existent.

I am hoping things continue on in this way. My followup EMG is in Sept. and I'm hoping that the multiplex will have improved. I feel as though if it were going to get worse I would definitely not be 5/5 after 5 months.

Oh and I dont have to use my mouth guard anymore at all. And I am no longer clumsey and dropping everything.

My only residual is my speech and extreme back pain. Feels like sciatic pain.

I hope everyone is doing well and I have been surprised by how positive thinking has really helped me get back to me.

I see you guys have had your hands full with all the new crazies. I love you all and I miss you all terribly.

Love,
Kelly Belly

I'm so glad your improving Kelly!

Wonderful news! Your upbeat attitude is welcome and appreciated :) Keep us updated, and enjoy your summer ... dancing and volleyball ~ way to go!

Soo so sooo happy for you that you are improving and feeling better!
You go girl!

Way to go Kelly, I am so glad that you're doing so well and hope that you keep on dancing the night away!

Very glad to hear about your improvements.keeps up the good work girl, were all pulling for you .God Bless
Sharon

glad all is working out for you,stay positive and keep up on your checkups

Kelly, great news... I am so happy for you....you made my day! Hugs, Linda

well done!good work on the mental front an good rezsults on the physical.Bravo

Glad to hear things are better Kelly.

AL.

Hey you guys...Heres another update on me...

Everything is so much better. I am still off my Lyrica for the pain bc I dont have any. I am no longer stiff. My twitches have ceased to about 2 a day maybe. Still have all of my strength and no new atrophy. The only thing I have residual is a little cramping in my foot every now and then if I move it funky. My speech is great most days. Sometimes its choppy but only when I'm stressed out.

I have been touring with NOPI and dancing my butt off every weekend without any repercussion. The only annoying thing is my eyelid twitch. Hate it!

I feel a 100% better than I did when I first came to this forum. I am still doing the Phosphotedylcholine and Glutathione pushes I am up to 9200 mg of glutathione a weel and we are going up gradually every week. I also do Hydrogen Peroxide IVs for the Lymes disease.

Oh and my Western Blot came back negative finally after 2 years of being consistently positive. Keep me in your prayers my followup EMG is September 5th.

Sorry havent been on much but I still find it easier dealing with my disease alone. But I love you guys so much and I appreciate everything you guys do for me.

Love,
Kelly

Kelly, so glad that you are doing so well. Keep on dancing!

Excellent! As Barry said, keep on dancing.

That is fantastic news. What is NOPI?

Lydia

Kelly -

Your news is fantastic! How wonderful that you are feeling better! Keep us posted on how you are improving. Dance the night away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back