Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nc
City
nc
I have posted a few times about widespread twitching for two months, percieved weakness, etc. My question is how long is it usually from limb to bulbar symptoms? I know it's so different for everyone, but an average time span? I had a clean EMG two weeks into the twitching. Now I feel like my face muscles are weak, tingly, and have a tightness in my throat. I don't have any problems swallowing, etc.
Is this an odd progression of symptoms? Could it all be in my head or anxiety? I don't know what to do. I am sorry to be a bother as I know there are very ill people on this forum. :oops:

I had limb symptoms 4 years and no bulbar yet. 2 months makes me think anxiety and reading here too much.
AL.

Once again, thank you Al. I know you're probably right. I hope you're doing well. Have a great weekend:)

Al, After a little over 4 yrs of symptoms now, weakness in my legs and muscle loss in my hands are my main issues, is this basically your situation as of now?

I guess you could say that. I am in a power chair since late Mar. Can still hold a glass of wine with left hand and a fork in my right with a brace on to keep my wrist straight. Can walk about 10 feet with a walker. Use a Bipap. Use head mouse and onscreen keyboard because mouse hand isn't working too good and only 1 finger works to type. Can still grab boobies but only from behind. LOL.
AL.

Al you are hysterical. You brought a smile to my face on an otherwise sad day. Thank you.

:oops: Goodness me, Al!:-D

Al you diry dirty boy LOL

reference to a bipap

Hi Al,
You responded that you are on a bipap. What is that? When does one need it?

It is a Bilevel Positive Airway Ventilator. Basically it pushes air in and pauses to let you exhale while maintaining enough pressure so that your lungs don't collapse. It is used when your chest and diaphram muscles weaken so that you can't breathe when lying down. I've used it 3 years next month. Some get to the point where they have to use it 24/7. If you google search Resmed they have pictures of the machines and masks.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back