Like other before me, I am worried about a neuro disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody1234

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
First off I want to say thank you for running this forum. I have read the "could this be ALS" read before posting sticky, and I think my symptoms point away. I wanted to reach out and ask others for reassurance or another mind on my matters.

I have been experiencing what I would call "big toe wiggles" where it will wiggle as if it has a mind of its own, and what looks like the muscles moving in my foot to control the big tow will flex sporadically. It is not constant, if I flick with my finger against the muscles sometimes they will start to do the wiggle thing and my big toe will do its wiggle as well. I have also experienced stabbing pains however on my big toe but they are much more infrequent then the wiggles and are on the "inside" of the big toe- so towards the little toes. I have experienced tingling in the valley of the big toe/second toe but that resolved after a couple weeks. What does seem to persist, but not be constant is this big toe tremor.

This has been noticed since towards the end of December, so It has been two months. I haven't experienced any changes in my ability to use the toe or my feet as far as movement or balance or strength that I can tell. In addition to this I have experienced a twitching eyelid- but only after I blink rapidly or blink hard such as after yawning- and muscle twitching throughout my body, but they tend to be transient and short lived.

I have discussed this with my PCP and I have a spine and brain MRI scheduled for the 5th. I also have a neurologist appointment but not until three months out in april.
My PCP did a reflex test and strength test as well as the other general tests a PCP can do such as walking on my heels, so far nothing out of the ordinary. I am a 34 year old male if that is important.
Can y'all provide me with your thoughts?
Thank you.

Hi there-

Sorry your internet search brought you here.

I'll summarize what you've written- You have a twitching eyelid and sometimes one of your toes wiggles, tingles (but that's mostly resolved now) and/or hurts. And when you flick a muscle it will maybe twitch. No loss of function. No clinical weakness. Completely normal physical exam by a medical professional.

There's not a real need to continue posting here, which you've already noted, as it's pretty clear you show zero signs of a motor neuron disease. It may just be time to work on some ways to reduce health anxiety though while you wait for your neurology appointment in April.

Please take care of yourself and hopefully you will be able to reduce some of your anxiety somehow.

As the sticky post you read clearly says - twitching means nothing.

All the best with working with your doctors to sort this out and I'm sure you will return to full health. You have no reason to be here and think of ALS at all.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply it really sincerely helps, I have been ruminating on this for weeks debating on whether to ask for a sanity check. Okay. I really shouldnt worry about a motor neuron disease at this point because there is no change in strength or loss of function or clinical weakness, epecially since its been months with no change- right? Again, as it says in the sticky on twitching: "It is seldom, if ever, a first symptom of ALS". It may be twitching or wiggling but I have no other motor neuron symptoms so I should chill out for ALS.

Cheers, I CANNOT say how much this helps just to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back