Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
OK
City
Tulsa
I asked a question two weeks ago, but I never introduced myself when I joined. I am 43, a second-grade teacher, and a divorced mother of 3 (DD-15, DS-9 & 6). I started having slurred speech the last week of July. I had an MRI two weeks into it and it was normal. Then in October I started having what my GP said was foot drop. The number of times a day has increased until then, and I fell hard a few weeks ago. My GP ordered blood tests in October including a GM-1 and auto-immune which were normal. He then referred me to a neurologist. In the last three weeks I have had problems swallowing and chewing, and what feel like a mild "pop rocks" feeling on my tongue, especially noticeable at night while I am relaxed trying to fall asleep. I went to the neurologist yesterday and he drew more blood to test for muscle enzymes and six other things to rule things out. I will go back in two weeks and he plans to do an EMG unless the blood tests tell him otherwise. According to my GP, this neurologist is known for being a superb diagnostician and doctors from all over the area refer to him, so I feel good about the way he is going about this.

I have learned a lot from this forum and I really appreciate what you all do for those of us who are new to this.

Hi Shatzie! Welcome to the forum. You are definitely in my prayers. God bless!

Irma

Well Shatzie it sounds like you are in good hands so far. Welcome.
AL.

Hi Shatzie,

Welcome to the forum, keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back