Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are considering lift chairs, if it is at all possible, go to a medical supply store and try them out. The comfort and features are vastly different. They had the model I ordered in the store only without the heat and massage. I would have passed on those features because, for me, the heat isn't hot enough and the massage just vibrates.

If possible, I think CALS would be very happy with a lift chair as well. They are much more comfortable than a standard recliner. My friend's husband had kidney cancer and passed away in 2014. Kathy is still using Bill's lift chair and said she would never be without one. She loved it so much she bought her daughter and son-in-law one for Christmas.

I find it much less painful to eat meals in my lift chair. It goes into any position I want and keeps me out of pain.

As a follow up to my situation where my Golden Cloud lift chair pushed my neck too far forward — My intrepid CALS carefully inspected the chair. There were no zippers. But she did note that the faux leather on the back of the chair was attached to the bottom with velcro.

So she tipped the chair onto its front, undid the velcro to lift up the backing, reached up behind the upper panel of stuffing, and used a box cutter to make a slit and remove some stuffing.

Once we determined how much stuffing to remove, she used a nylon tape to repair the surgical wound. The tape is ultimately covered up by the faux leather chair backing, so the cosmetic result is good.

This saved us money and time over having an upholsterer do it, and the chair is now much more comfortable.

Karen,

Any chance you'd trade your CALS for Fred? LOL

I'm beginning to think I'm the caregiver in this house. Last night he was cutting his own hair and cut his ear right through the cartilage! I nearly took him to urgent care but I managed to clean it and pack it. Today I removed the bandage and redressed it. It's a deep cut. He has high blood pressure and that blood was squirting out so hard I thought he had cut his carotid artery. This isn't my first rodeo with him and accidents.

Karen,

Isnt it wonderful when we find a solution that doesn't require more money to be spent? You'll have to tell your CALS that she's now joined the McGuyver Club!

Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back