Lift Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have done everything already to get the power wheelchair. We are waiting now. Who knows how long it will take to actually get it.

I think a comfortable life chair is a sound investment. If your PALS no longer needs it, anyone in the home will appreciate it. I'm more comfortable in my lift chair than in any power chair I've tried and even my bed. I still have some mobility so I am not spending time in a power chair except to "walk" distances. It's much more comfortable than my StressLess chairs which cost as much as the lift chair.

Ours came from the MND NSW loan closet and for Chris it was the most comfortable place. Even once he started sleeping well in the hospital bed he still loved that lift recliner.

Like Kim, my husband has the Golden Technology chair from a local store who matched online pricing and will provide any service we might need in our home. His has the zero gravity position and a remote on a cable that's long enough to use with either hand. (Important now because his right hand can no longer control it.)

He wanted the upholstered chair instead of leather, so I got a waterproof, washable recliner cover that works great! It has arm covers that drop over the side long enough to hold remotes but short enough he can reach them. We got the large chair. My PALS is a big guy (6'1" and 250 lbs.) and I am only 5'3", but it is comfortable for both of us. (Sometimes that chair is the only thing that "cures" my insomnia! HaHaHa) When he's not in bed, he's in that chair!

Yep I spent the last 4 days pretty much living in the recliner chair and it was very comfortable.

I can also say that the lift function was truly amazing for Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back