Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's a lot to absorb in such a short time.

Sending big hugs, Becky.

Becky, I am so very sorry.

I'm so sorry Becky! You and Sue really need a break. You have both had way too many losses in a short time. I wish I could understand why all this has to happen at once.

Becky I am so, so sorry. I unfortunately know all too well what that’s like. Didn’t we already have enough with ALS? Please know I’m praying for you.

Huge hugs

huge hugs Becky, I don't know why this happens but it sucks and sucks and sucks some more

How are you now Becky ?

I'm better, dear friends. I had a house full of kids and grandkids, and kids friends and their babies. It is great medicine. I know that I need to focus on the living and make memories with the generations after me, and that's what I'm determined to do.

I sent my son home with some furniture this weekend so that I could turn the combo sewing/tv room into just MY sewing space. I'm excited about organizing it with the extra room, but first it's time to clean up after the weekend :).

One of the furniture Items I gave my son was Matt's gun cabinet. He found a 150 year old china hutch at an estate sale years ago and had it restored. He then made inserts to hold his long guns. He had a nice collection, and I was afraid that letting them go would be difficult, but between his best friend and our kids, they are slowly moving on to new homes and I'm ok.

OH--big news--Arlington called Friday and we have a date to place Matt's ashes. I requested full honors, which means a caisson, band, etc. A full parade. It have been over a year, but that's ok. Let's hope for mild weather--December 2 could be quite chilly in Washington DC. I am overwhelmed by the number of people who hope to attend, and my fingers are crossed that I can enjoy the day without breaking down. I gave the kids their way at the church service last year and didn't have everyone sing happy birthday (it would have been his 61st), but this one is mine. Would it be inappropriate to tell funny stories at the Columbarium?

Becky how awesome you have a date for Matts internment. I think remembering Matt the way you do best is with wonderful memories. If that means laughter, Matt will look down with joy. This is Matt’s service to be remember not only for his services, but also for his family and friends to remember him. They need to know Matt from all sides.

Hugs

I know that I need to focus on the living and make memories with the generations after me, and that's what I'm determined to do.
Yes, but you also need to just grieve however you need to - it works it way through you one way or another.
Love the idea of your sewing room!

So glad things are better. I have to say my kids and grandkids keep me going for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back