Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
US
State
GA
City
Someplace
…a belief held by differing cultures across time.
*”the concept that an essential part of an individual's identity or the stream of consciousness continues to manifest after the death of the physical body…
*The essential aspect of the individual that lives on after death may be some partial element, or the entire soul or spirit, of an individual, which carries with it and may confer personal identity…
*An afterlife, which may be naturalistic or supernatural.
*Some believe in an afterlife without reference to a diety.”

*Although raised Christian in mainline denominations, I realize there are other beliefs, but I’ll leave those discussions, to more experienced others, in a different forum.

*Through personal experience and reading, I’ve learned we sometimes receive a sign from the one who just died, that they are at peace. This can happen anytime but usually within the first three days or first week after passing..

*1st EXPERIENCE:
When my father, who only attended services on Easter Sunday, died, I asked God for a sign to tell me if father was with Him. A while later, I called the funeral home. Over the BUSY signal was one lone trumpet playing, “When the Saints Go Marching In.” My father’s favorite song. The one he would dance my mother around the room to. I was shocked. After listening carefully for awhile, I hung up.
*Knowing the song, and being a doubting “Thomas”, I prayed again: “If Dad is REALLY in heaven with you, please do it again.” I redialed. Over the busy signal was one lone trumpet playing, “When the Saints Go Marching In”.
*I hung up the phone. I redialed – the call went straight thorough. My prayer had been answered. That event has never happened again.
(Dad came to me in a dream once, but that is a different type of story.)
*I’ll share a different experience another time.

*Feel free to share your experience(s). I know some of you have had them. Sharing such loving experiences helps give others hope.
*There is no room for condemnation here.
May you experience something beautiful today to lift your spirit.
May blessings abound. B. :cool:

I was raised Catholic but became a Christian in my mid-40s. I believed. After a few weeks I started wondering if my mother was eternally separated from God or with Him. I asked for a sign that she believed. She had been gone for about four years at that time.

Something moved me to get down her Catholic Bible. It was a very old and very large "Family Bible." As far as I knew it just sat around collecting dust. When she moved back down after receiving a terminal diagnosis, the Bible came with her. So I opened up the Bible and found a "letter" she had written to my father shortly after he died (7 years prior.) It clearly said, "I'm confident you are resting in the arms of our loving Savior, Jesus and are no longer suffering." That was the only piece of paper in the Bible.

I don’t believe in an afterlife per se, but I do think the energy from souls is somehow “out there” and possibly gets recycled.

I do believe that there are signs from the spirits of the dead. Maybe it’s what those of us who are living want to believe because we crave connection. But I think those signs are there if we are open to tapping into them.

Thank you, Kim, for sharing. Some people refer to "something" as the prompting of the Holy Spirit. Of such seemingly small things are our prayers and questions answered. Small "blessings" enrich our lives and bring us peace. May blessings abound. B.

Thank you, too, Karen. The belief that part of our self: energy/spirit/soul, or whatever name one calls it, exists beyond earthly life, (no matter where it goes), is very ancient. For some, it's not a question of "knowing". It's one of experience. You're correct about being open to the "signs" around us. Although, we most often dismiss them as coincidence or deny they happened. We can only receive what we're capable of. Being open to the possibility is the first step. Who knows what may happen when we do. May blessings abound. B.

*2nd EXPERIENCE: Mother passed when we were not present. Entering the hospital room, I told my husband that she was “still there”, referring to “her spirit self”. Sitting with my mother, I suddenly felt movement toward the head of the bed. An invisible substance was leaving mother and slowly gathering together. A few seconds later, it rose slightly, turned to the right, passed through the window glass, and out into the light of the day. Her spirit/soul was free. My husband never felt it.
*Looking back, when paying respects at funeral homes, I would often think, “they are not here”, referring to that which makes them, “them’. Never having been present with, or right after a person passed, I never knew the above gift was given to me.
*I asked an ordained minister friend if he had ever had experiences like that, and he said, “Yes”. He had. It seemed very natural to him.
*One does not have to belong to an organized religion, or believe in a deity to have such an experience. We may have to be attentive to the unseen which surrounds us, and our innate spiritual nature which transcends formality. It's usually referred to as, “second sight”.
*May belief in that which is invisible, give you hope. B.

Attachments

• Entering into all that is.jpg
    Entering into all that is.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 283
in Revelation 4 and 5 there is a clear picture of heaven and the throne room of God. in it we see that all those whom He has chosen to save spend their time worshiping Him. i look forward to worshiping Him without sin for now my worship has doubt and is accepted only because Christ died for it and cleanses it in His blood, but then it will be perfect because i will be made perfect having passed through death and into life.

Pete, The Christian faith offers forgiveness and eternal life to all who believe. Thank you for sharing and reminding. B.

3rd EXPERIENCE: Since mother and I kept in constant contact via the telephone, it was the last object removed from her apartment.
* A few days later I received a call on our home phone. Though the line was open, there was no sound. I hung up. A couple day’s later, same thing.
*The third time I listened very carefully. The line was open, but only silence. I said, “Hello, Mom”. I spoke to her as if she was next to me. I thanked her for calling to let me know she was all right. I told here that we loved her. I returned the receiver to its cradle. She didn’t call again. She didn’t need to.
*Although I miss her calls, our spiritual connection can never be broken.
*May belief in that which is beyond physical knowledge give you hope.
*May blessings abound. B.

Attachments

• Spirit 19.jpg
    Spirit 19.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 234
The Christian faith offers forgiveness and eternal life to all who believe

only to those God has chosen:

romans 3,5,8,9,10
eph 1
phil
revelation
king 1 and 2

and many other places. faith is not a gift we accept by choice but a gift He gives to those that He has determined before they where born to give it to. romans 3 is clear about our choosing

i am not trying to argue or cause trouble but only to give glory to He who alone is worthy of it.

Beauty, I had an experience similar to what you describe with your mother and the phone.

After my mother in law died, we returned to PA from the funeral in NY and were feeling very depressed. She was a really wonderful woman and we would miss her deeply. That night the home phone rang and it was exactly like you described-- no sound on the other end. This happened a few times a day over the next few days. We had a large rectangular shaped flashlight that sat near the fireplace in our house and this went on by itself. The flashlight went on by itself each day for about 3 more days and we then knew that the phone calls and flashlight incidents were my mother in law trying to tell us she was all right and loved us.

The calls and flashlight turning on then stopped until about 1month later when our daughter was going to her senior prom. We were all in our family room taking pictures of the 2 beautifully dressed couples before they were to leave for the prom when the phone rang and once again there was no sound on the other end. I hung up and this happened 2 more times only a couple of minutes apart and then stopped.

2 weeks after this, I was ironing my daughter's graduation gown in preparation for the graduation that night and the flashlight turned on.

We have not had any more occurrences like this but we know that was definitely her and it gave us a true feeling of peace. We have never had a similar experience with any other family member who passed away.

Sharon

Dear Sharon, I’m very sorry to hear your mother-in-law has passed. It’s always difficult to part with those we hold dear.
*Loved ones, letting us know they are at peace and still near to us, helps calm our spirit and brings us comfort.
*At first we often doubt it happened. Or dismiss it as a coincidence. Or think we are mistaken. But it is real. We have been given a beautiful gift. We only need to embrace it.
*I am thankful you felt comfortable sharing your experience. It was a beautiful testament of her love for you all. How wonderful for you to have embraced it.
*The more we share, the more others can become aware of such experiences, and open themselves to the possibility in their own lives.
*Such events give hope that we are not alone, and validation to others having such an experience.
*Special occasions, as you’ve experienced, don’t necessarily happen with each person that passes. It may be a one-time experience. *Sometimes it isn’t visible. It could be a dream; a feeling of someone with you; a gentle touch; favorite music as with my Dad; a favorite scent, etc. It isn’t always the same.
*Some individuals never have such an experience. There is nothing we can say or do to cause or hinder it. It’s something we don’t expect or anticipate. I view it as a gift, unasked for, unbidden. We only have to open ourselves to the possibility. Thank you again.

Attachments

• Cosmos.jpg
    Cosmos.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 246
*4th Experience: When out shopping, it suddenly dawned on me, my brother and I never discussed what signs he would use. I looked at the clouds and “told” him, “Make them big so I’ll notice”. What follows happened over the next few days:
*In the Re-Use Store: In front of the framed pictures, was a 3’ tall x 2’ wide, framed, cross-stitch piece, worked in blue embroidery floss (my favorite color), of the poem read at his funeral: [To Those I Love, by Isla Paschal Richardson. /I] After feeling shocked to see it, I couldn’t help but laugh. I didn’t buy it. It was TOO BIG.
*In the second store: He drew my attention to a white, polyester, brand new shower curtain, with a lovely pattern of seashells. Very appropriate as he’d served in the Navy Reserve for 30 years. It hangs in the guest bathroom.
*In the same jumble bin, I saw a crocheted doily. Like an antimacassar used years ago on the backs of chairs. I knew there was a message in it. I couldn’t figure out what it was until I got it home. I laid it on dark fabric, turned it over and around and there it was: crocheted into the pattern was the first sentence of The Lord’s Prayer from his funeral.
*A couple days later: Back in the first store, I was heading back to the household items when I suddenly saw it; a rather large, ceramic angel with glazed wings. A woman was looking at it and I thought, “Put it back. That’s meant for me”. She did. I bought it. (We believe in Angels. His granddaughter saw one in the corner of their living room, but that’s Religious. I’m trying to focus on Spiritual experiences.)
*We both had fun. He chose items bigger than I expected, and several, in case I missed the one before. I should have expected it. It was just like him; my dear, fun-loving brother still teasing his sister. It makes me smile.
*In his own way, he let me know I was loved and that he was at peace.
*That’s the last personal experience I’ve had so far. The future waits to be seen.
May today bring blessings to give you peace. B.

Attachments

• Spirit 2.jpg
    Spirit 2.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 209
5 EXPERIENCES OF FRIENDS:
*One friend told me, that after her father passed, the lights in the house would turn on and off. It stopped a few days later. I told them I believed her father was letting her know he was at peace.
*Knowing that such a phenomenon could happen gave them a feeling of comfort.
*It is one that many people report having experienced.
**Warning: Such an event could also signal a serious defect in the wiring. If it happens repeatedly, throughout the whole house, consider calling an electrician immediately. No one had recently died in our family. It was a major short and melted wires in the meter box.

Attachments

• Light.jpg
    Light.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 267
CONT'D EXPERIENCES OF FRIENDS:
*A friend's uncle had a favorite rocking chair he liked to sit in when visiting. Their dog would sit on the floor beside him.

*One evening, after he passed, they noticed the dog become suddenly alert. He appeared to be watching something move across the room. He stopped looking, got up, walked over to the rocking chair and laid down beside it.
*The friends said they though the chair moved. After awhile, the dog got up, went back to his favorite spot, and lay down again.
*This happened on two other occasions and stopped.
*The friends believed the uncle was letting them know he was with them in spirit.
*Animals often sense what we cannot. They don't intellectualize it away. They just accept it. They have much to teach us.
*May something beautiful bring you hope today. May blessings abound. B.

Attachments

• The rocking chair.jpg
    The rocking chair.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 271
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back