Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
GA
City
Mableton
I'm trying to do a letter board and I would apperciate any suggestions, like what to make it out of, the must have words etc. Thanks, Rhonda

Hi ... the ALS Assoc. rep gave me a letter board, and this is what it has on it.

One one side: the whole alphabet in caps plus [NEXT WORD] in a box on the top right hand corner.

On the other side:
[I YOU WE SHE HE THEY]
[AM ARE WILL SHOULD]
[NOT]
[GO GET WANT SEE MOVE]
[CHANGE TURN EAT DRINK]
[TO OF AT FOR IN BY]

The word groups in my brackets are outlined on the letter board, and they seem to be a natural sentence progression. It's on a 9x12 plasticized sheet.

Beth

I meant "laminated" sheet of white paper (not plasticized). I think Kinko's laminates items pretty cheaply. It's easy to handle and to clean ..

Beth

Last edited:
Have you tried reading about letter boards on the ALSCARE web site? Very good explanation and how to.

Sharonca

letter boards

Hello, letter boards are great but we also made a picture board. We used a sheet of bristol board and cut out pictures e.g. toilet picture means I have to use toilet! Picture of a sweather means too hot or cold. Picture of a vacuum indicated the need to be suctioned. I 'm sure you get the idea.
Just cut out pictures that fit your situation.
The picture board saves tiring and time consuming spelling.
Hope this help
Jane

Jane,
That's such a good idea! Thanks!
Jane

One idea may be to have a group of phrases you use often already in the form of a phrase such as : Thank You, I love you, Will you please__, Thanks anyways....etc.

Picture boards are great too, especially if you have the time/resources to print pictures of familiar things/people/activities.

You can also personalize them a bit by adding a border around the edge and using scrapbooking material ( on clearance at Hobby Lobby alot) Like if the person is a huge Nebraska Conrhuskers fan, or a fisherman, gardener,loves music, etc....pictures of loved ones.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out and any other ideas you come up with.

~Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back