Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, thank ya Maam, might kindly of ya!

Not the "hot" I had in mind but I'll take the compliment anyway! :)

Interesting. . . I've spoken to 4 people who wanted BBQ the day they found out they had ALS, and now I'm seeing the common thread of zoos. We, too, frequent the Memphis zoo. It is a fabulous place to relax (not so much now that heat indexes are over 100, though). Wonder what this means?!?

Barry, it sounds to me like you need estrogen. Have I got a doc for you! HA!

Uh... thanks but no thanks, really! I would rather not get anymore in touch with my "inner woman", I just finished two days with my three sisters and am feeling the need to watch a movie with lots of explosions! :shock::shock:

Peeking in on the posts and I agree with Jim. I love my New Balance sneakers as they are light weight. Have them in pink trim and lilac. Well fancy me!

Also, Joel! You are a dear. Thinking of your wife being hot by the heat and being worse off then you! You are so special and I saved your posts (always) from last year regarding my George. You and the gang from this forum are in my prayers always.
Just wanted to check in and say hello to all.

Love
Patty ;-)

George home in heaven 1 yr. today 6/22/09

I thought my thermostat in my body was all screwed up - never associated my "hotness" with ALS! (If that doesn't open the door for a wise remark, I will be shocked :) ) I never use to perspire - now I seem to have rivers running down my neck and back with the slightest movement. The feet are on fire - or they feel that way to me -and I kick the shoes and socks off only to have a caregiver touch them and tell me they feel like ice! My toes are sometimes blue - purple - black and at other times a bright red. No swelling that I notice but I sure am burning up most of the time - figure it should help on the heating bills next winter if I can get Tim to layer up instead of turning the heat up while I continue to wear my summer clothes! Thank goodness I live in SD where a hot day is in the 80's and the humidity seldom gets above 30% -- I couldn't take the Texas heat and humidity!

Door's open,
You could always spend 6 months down here with me. Temp app 50 to 60 F this time of the year. Then return home in your winter as my summers sometimes get as high as 110 F, then you really would drip :lol:

Re feet, mine are cold to touch too but they don't feel hot or cold, just normal, sometimes a bit red or slightly swollen though.

Strange, different symptoms for different people. Probably why its so hard to nail this sucker down.

Cheers
Peter (time to put a jumper on :lol)

Peter, sounds heavenly! Today it might hit 80 degrees so this morning I am enjoying the moment in the sun while the cool breezes blow.

When I was in high school, many moons ago, we had a foreign exchange student from Australia - she painted a gorgeous word picture of your country and I've always wanted to visit - but never found the time. Now I have the time but the thought of a trip wears me out. Suppose I will have to live vicariously through your postings and envision the countryside through your words. (Which by the way, are quite inspiring!) Enjoy the wood fires and the cool temps -- Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back