Status
Not open for further replies.
You can email Tom Coburn at the following link:
http://coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactSenatorCoburn.Home

I sent a email - generally just asking for an explanation why he would vote against this bill- short of simple evil mindedness none come to mind. However, I have found that policiticians generally listen better to their constituents. Anyone from Oklahoma on this forum?
I wrote to my Senators, Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein. Diane Feinsteins camp didn't even write back, but Barbara Boxer personally responded, expressing her support and willingness to do whatever necessary to get this bill passed. She has my vote for eternity!
It is worth a shot guys. ... I have said this before, but I worked in HIV research back before we even were sure it was a virus. The gay community was absolutely instrumental in rallying around and gathering up support and screaming loud. As the old saying goes.. squeeky wheel gets the grease. Why don't we all send ol Tom an email asking why he would deny us this bill? Maybe he gets tired enough to change his mind?

Just sent it.

Done!

I gave him a good piece of my mind!

Lorie:

Just added my two cents to this issue, he is a cancer survivor, I guess he has a disease that you can survive from, he does not care about one you cannot. I told him that he has deeply saddened me, and have sent the info to friends..Hoping

You guys are awesome! I sent a mass email to about 100 of my friends - with links to Senator Coburn-most have already said they wrote him. I also found some info online that some PALS are considering staging a protest outside of his office. I know I might be a bit of zealot, but I made a promise in the beginning, no matter what happens, I am 200% in on the fight on this, watching this disease first hand in my husband in the short period of time that he has "had" it, has made me absolutely in awe of the spirit and the courage each and every one of you has... consider me your ALS warrier for life.
Andrea.

love that Warrior's, that is going to be the cure for this darn monster.. I feel lucky to have you on our team..Hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back