Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Would have been 90 today. So today was Leonard Nimoy Day Born in Boston’s West End He did some oral history and used to be the voice of the introduction at the Museum of Science theatre. They are going to put up a statue outside the museum of a hand giving the Vulcan salute in his honor. Live long and prosper

That’s cool. I was never a StarTrek fan but as a kid I used to watch a show called “In Search Of” which Leonard Nimoy narrated. Anyone remember that one? They would examine mysteries like the Loch Ness monster and the JFK assassination. It would freak the bejesus outta me. My fave Nimoy story is from his childhood. He had a really good singing voice, and after he sung at his own bar mitzvah, people were so impressed that he was asked to do a repeat performance the next week at a neighboring synagogue!

So, I have to preface my Leonard Nimoy story, with an explanation of my mother. She was basically like the Mexican version Sophia Petrillo from the Golden Girls. Kinda mean, but you knew she loved you. Anyway, once when I was little, she and I were watching Star Trek and she casually looked over at me and said, “You know why your left ear is a little pointy, don’t you? Spock is your real father.” And then she just casually went back to watching TV. And then anytime we watched it from that point forward and if my dad was in the room, she’d slyly look over at me and raise her eyebrow and nod towards my dad and then nod towards Spock. Hmmmm...wonder why I’ve needed so many years of therapy 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back