Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
New York
Have anyone heard of the Leonard Florence Center-ALS Residence?
I read about it and was excited to go give them a visit and report back to my local ALSA chapter.
I contacted their admissions director and tried to arrange a visit. She asked me to submit an admissions application, which I did. But then something strange happened. They cancelled my visit and told me it is because I use a ventilator and that they don't yet support that. An ALS residence with no vent support in 2011? Strange.
Anyone have experience with them?

It's brand new and in the making. Perhaps they don't have the tech and care yet. I'm pretty sure it will happen!

Have you contacted Steve Saling?

Perhaps. But they do claim that the 10 spots are taken. I wonder if they actually have 10 PALS who don't need ventillators but want to live there, away from home.
Maybe they just don't want me because they don't think I can afford it based on what I put on the application. My goal was actually to understand what they provided for PALS and let others at the clinic I go to know about what is available.
I have not contacted Steve. I don't have his contact information and figure he has his hands full with all the great things he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back