00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
City
Ashburn
Hi dears
For about 8 months i have had weakness on my right arm but just in the mornings and when i am waking up it fades away.
But beside it i have balance problem in my legs...it is hard to stand and walk. i am swaying and my legs are shaky and jelly.. 2 days ago i felt that my right leg is weaker and when I lift my leg by toe in sitting position(on the chair) after some seconds i get shake and clonus and cant hold it in this position.
I also havd had twitching in my right arm for 8 months( non stop).
However, i had EMG/NCV in all muscles, 6 months ago ( two months after my twitching, balance issue and right arm weakness . It came back negative and found nothing.
3 months ago i went to neurologist again and told the problem. He examined my reflexes and was ok.
I have to say that i used benzodiasopine for about 3 weeks 8 months ago and cold turked it. Some said that it can be from that. But after 8 mooonntthhsssssss..no symptoms of theae drugs should be left.:(
Again i am scared.. i dont know what to do... and i am far from my home and studying.
Is this like als? What is your suggestion?
Is this possible my emg changes after 6 months?

It really doesn’t sound like ALS. With ALS, the weakness you notice in your right arm would not get better as the day goes on. The normal EMG is also very reassuring. I recommend you keep well-hydrated and consider seeing a physical therapist to help build strength and improve balance. If things don’t improve after doing that, then return to your neurologist for re-exam.

It does NOT sound like ALS. Work with your doctor and get your anxiety treated.

Best wishes.

Thank you so much guys for your support and respond.
I changed 4 neurologist. All said nothing...
But this balance problem and weakness and twitching annoys and scared me too much...
Thank you for the time to read my post and responds.
Heartwarmingly hug you guys.

You’ve been to 4 neurologists? I think you need to address your anxiety as well. This does not sound like ALS, as 4neuros have apparently told you. Best wishes and lucky for you, you don’t need to be here.

Thank you for the response codyclan. Ill appreciate it.:)

As Karen says, we don't see anything too worrisome, but since you have issues on the R side particularly, always worth re-evaluating the bed/chairs you use, and your posture in each, and also consider massage therapy as well as PT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back