Country
US
State
TX
City
Dallas
Pablo , Hispanic 24 years old
I have read the “read before posting”
For a month now I been noticing twitching that started in my calves, twitching been moving up to the back of my thighs, besides that I get it in random places here and there in my arms for example.since then I have also had pain in calves on both legs which feel like if I had a cramp like pain (no actual cramp)and shooting pain in side of thighs. The pain seems to change location but the twitching it’s constant between my calves and thighs . Been to the doctor twice first time December 28 doctor checked for foot drop which there was no sign of foot drop,second time was a week ago just blood work including good CBC and Ck level are good.doctor denied my referral so see a neurologist. I had issues with relaying on dr google and having anxiety don’t help .
Saw a post where if you touch an area of affected muscle and it triggers the twitching then It’s als
Could this be a sign of Als?
thanks in advance

Hi Pablo. I’m glad you read the sticky. Some folks should read it two or three times.

ALS is about failing, not feeling. Shooting pains point away from ALS. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. If the doctor has not found any weakness on a careful exam, then the odds of your developing ALS are pretty close to zero.

Saw a post where if you touch an area of affected muscle and it triggers the twitching then It’s als
Could this be a sign of Als?
That’s absolutely incorrect.

Thank you for your help , one last thing I know everyone is different when it comes to als, but my twitching in particular it just lasts one second, maybe hitting 2 seconds ,when I do look at my legs, they never twitch(maybe one or twice since they started)those two times I caught them they look like a little heartbeat/pulse.are they still consider twitching or seen in als? Also can you see twitching in als or do they start little like I just explained? Thanks for your help

Twitching comes in all forms. There isn’t a special kind of ALS twitch. As Karen stated twitching without muscle failure is not worrisome

Will that include tongue twitching which I just noticed this morning ? Tip of tongue seems to feel like it’s burned

Yes. You need to read again the sticky. Tongue twitching is specifically addressed. Closing thread Don’t start another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back