leg pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no pain when first diagnosed besides muscle cramps. I did have mild spasticity on exam, but at that point in time it wasn't painful. As I progressed I developed painful spasticity that has gotten worse as I progress. I don't know if this is typical. With spasticity my legs would go rigid for long periods. When I could still walk it felt like walking on wooden legs and I was forced to walk on my toes, I couldnt put my heels down. This became permanent so now in my wheelchair my feet cant sit flat on the pedals. My CALS must apply a lot of force in ROM stretches because it doesn't budge and pushes back at him like it has a mindd off its own.

Kristina, does putting a lot of pressure with ROM hurt? When the PT worked on my knee when it was slightly bent it hurt like crazy.

Hi Kim, actually no, it doesn't hurt unless they push too far. They pay attention to the feedback. So they push until they meet resistance and then hold for a few beats before releasing and repeating. After several reps they will have moved the line back by a hard earned 1/4 inch or so. It requires significant force to push and holdd at the right spot. One of the carers we hired and later dismissed refused to do them because she said it hurt her arm too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back