Lectern Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean chiggers? Sand fleas? Either way, no fun.

Here in the south we also have a nightly cicada chorus... They can be so loud you can't hear someone talking right in front of you. Our bullfrogs are also obscenely loud. I've never understood why people want to go "sleep in nature's quiet..." they must be deaf!

Sarah,

When we lived in Texas the only thing I did not like was the cockroaches. We rented a house in Copperus Cove and it had huge roaches a squirrels in the attack we could not get rid of. Needless to say, we did not stay there long!

BATS! In the news here - A well meaning person left a baby bat in a box at the Wild Life Centre - Now they're anxiously looking for the good Samaritan... the bat has rabies. I see them flying around at night - here in Centretown. Creeps me out ever since one landed on our 20th floor window ledge. He watched us watching him for a long time. UGHHHH!

Yuck Elaine... Ugh!

Maybe it's one of the trolls reincarnated?

Jen

Yeah, the roach situation gets bad in the summers... they come in to escape the heat.

Jen - hee heee!

we have had 10-12 species of spiders this yr. my fav is the one that grows to about 3" and jumps at you. not a tarantula. apparently spiders thrive in hot dry weather. cool front hit today...101.

we have had 10-12 species of spiders this yr. my fav is the one that grows to about 3" and jumps at you. not a tarantula. apparently spiders thrive in hot dry weather. cool front hit today...101.

Ok that's it! I'll take swooning bats over jumping spiders and hot & sweaty cockroaches. Can't wait for winter now when all those critters hide away. (well except for the city raccoons 'round here... and oh yeah - the mice move indoors - thankfully not in my indoors)

Tonight's lecture will be presented by:

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/i...fK5PR3SXRrPUGL19k2EeygH5yXCVu6nv6ysprYXOQxC2g

May the force be with you. (My husband would always say that. We watched so many re-runs of Star Wars!) Sad that it now seems a little hokey for the kid.

Anyway, light sabers will hum (huumhuumhuum) and then make that distinctive sound upon contact with the evil saber.

Well, you have to rid the universe of those who try to undermine it's very existence! Right?!?

Last edited:
help me obi-wan kinobi - you're my only hope!

As long as they don't have rabies (ugh is right, Elaine!), I don't mind our bats. They eat up the bugs that want to eat us up :)

Lived in Texas for a year with the cockroaches and other Texas-sized bugs. I think I'll take the Michigan deer flies over them.

Only going to get to 81 here today if the weatherman is right - woo hooo!

Oh my! Chiggers in Nebraska, Deer flies in Minnesota, Cockroaches in Kansas City, Mice in Sacramento, I have had my share of all, but in Reno we have little lizards(Geckos) I will take the Geckos!

We have geckos too. They like my carport... we usually have at least a dozen, usually more, hanging out on the walls... they are clear/white to match the white walls... yucky!

I am not the center of the universe, but I've got a pretty good idea who is.

Sarah I first read that you had geckos in the carpet not carport... My mind was having a field day with that one, just goes with the day today...hehee

Jen

Wow, how did you know I have this rug in my living room? :O Jen is Psychic!

View attachment 2362

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back