Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
OK
City
Cleveland
So a good friend of Cliff's messaged me yesterday. She has a gift for me...

It is something Cliff wanted me to have.

I have no idea what it is but he told her his wishes for it two years ago.

I have instructions to not open it until Christmas morning.

I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I have no idea what it could be.

One thing I know for sure, Cliff was the best husband I could have ever asked for. He was always trying to make me happy.

If I could say one thing to all the PALS out there, it would be if there is anyway possible, leave something behind to let your loved ones know how special they were to you.

Honestly, it doesn't matter what it is... It could be a note, a gift, anything... Whatever it is, I can guarantee it will be cherished forever.

Merry Christmas everyone!

wow, that is amazing - the suspense lead up will nearly be as good or better than whatever it is! just knowing he wanted you to have this at what can be such a hard time is so awesome.

Sooner.....I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to check in and see what it is! No matter what it is it is so special to have come from your love. What a great thing he's done for you and a great idea. A way to let you know that he's always thinking about you. I remember after my brother passed I hoped he'd left a little something behind for later. A note. Anything. Enjoy the moment Sooner. You have more than earned it. Merry Christmas!

Intriguing! Can't wait to hear.

Every PALS leaves something in their own way. It might be a child, pet, someone they helped, something they built or created, work they did, thoughts they shared.

Best,
Laurie

That is so lovely and heart warming! I'm so excited for you. Please let us know what it is. Can't wait!

Sooner I am so very excited for you and what you possibly will receive. So thoughtful of Cliff.

Hugs and Merry Christmas

Thank you for reminding me that that's something I plan on doing, but haven't done yet. I'm thinking of notes in dresser drawers, coat pockets, a coffee cup, etc. I think I'll date them according to month with a "Don't open 'till"... written on the outside. The year won't matter. Of course, I'll need a confederate but I think I can swear them to secrecy.

Whatever you receive, it's sent to you with love. How wonderful!
May blessings abound, B.

I love this beauty4everyone!!! You can bet your gestures will show your family small bits of love. I can't think of anything more special than finding your loved ones words in unexpected places.

It takes me back to when my wonderful husband used to add little notes to my weekender bag when I would go on a girls trip.

Just little things like have fun, buy something for yourself, be careful or I love you! Every time I would find one, I would smile.

Cliff would ALWAYS say, "it's the little things"! He was absolutely correct!

That is very cool! The suspense is of course killing me but the real gift is thinking ahead and about you.

I'm so excited for you, Sooner! Please let us know what it is when you open it! What a wonderful gesture from Cliff.

I'm so excited and happy for you Sooner. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift of love Cliff is giving you. Kate

Cliff left me a beautiful reminder of him doing one of the things he loved...

Attachments

• Cliff doing what he loved.jpg
    Cliff doing what he loved.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 505
wow that is beyond anything I would have imagined, you must be quite ecstatic (ok jumping about ecstatic!).

What a wonderful gift, I'm so incredibly glad for you - I've been wondering every day what it would be, and now I'm going to smile all day over this xxxx

It is lovely! What a thoughtful gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back