Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
illinois
City
arlington heights
I am leaving tomorrow. i will be going to xcell-center in cologne germany. they do adult stem cell treatment. i will keep you updated after i return.. has anyone been there? any success? i am only 36 and figure its worth a try. the only issues is raising money for these treatments. any ideas? i am also scheduled to go to mexico for placenta stem cell treatment on dec 16th.

Good luck. It would be wonderful if this works. Keep us posted.

I wish you the best!

If the stem cell treatment in Germany is supposed to work then why do you have to have more in Mexico? A friend of mine had them twice in Mexico and saw about 3 month benefit. He went back for more and not surprising he hasn't called to say he's any better. About $50K spent. He's not much older than you. Hate to be a party crasher but they don't work. Yet. Maybe someday but not yet. Have a good trip and all the best.

AL.

how did it go?

My father was recently diagnosed with ALS. I live in Germany and I have been wanting to bring him there anyway. How did you initially get the contacts to the doctors in Germany? Thanks --

agree with al

I suppose if money was not an issue i would try just about anything to cure myself.But i honestly believe if there was a cure out their we would have access to the treatment.I wish you luck with these treatments and hope things work the way you want.

Good Luck to you and bring us back good news.

sebastian's last post was the one above on 11/30/08.

Too bad he didn't report back on his experience.

they never do when it doesn't work.

AL.

That is a shame he has not come around anymore. I remember that he was so young to be diagnosed with ALS, and had questions about excessive sweating.

Rose...I remeber that as well...because my hubby was always a huge sweater. I remember it would take him about an hour to cool down after a shower. Wonder if that is an early on symptom...anyone?

I wonder how much money Sebastian dropped between Germany and Mexico. It would be nice to know for those who are looking to follow in his footsteps. It would also be good to know what his experiences were in both of those places.

Too bad he didn't report back...

Zaphoon

Kelly, You know what, I did read excessive sweating could happen early in ALS, and then as it progresses, it goes the other way. I'm not sure if symptom is the correct terminology, but it could go with the beginning stages.

When I read about it, I wondered what the connection is, because people (without ALS) who have problems with this can have botox treatments which are supposed to be very helpful. I guess botox can paralyze more than muscles, it must also have effect on the excretory glands somehow. (?) Its a shame it can't be used to help those with excess saliva.

The summer I first knew something was not quite right with me, I remember my legs mostly getting really sweaty, and wondering if it could be a sign of menopause but without the hot flashes. It went away though, it didn't even last more than a couple of months. I don't think I ever mentioned it to a doctor.

Rick is pretty new at having ALS (age61) and he always sweats profusely if he exercises and also after a shower. It's like a hot summer day when you don't have the water cool enough and you end up drying perspiration on the towel too.

If he should try to mow the lawn or carry in piles of wood, he would be drenched. We thought it was his heart, but his heart checks out fine. If he carries an armfull of wood slowly he is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back