Leave a Legacy - A Video for Your Family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrienecker

Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Boulder
My mother had a great idea recently that I wanted to suggest to all of you whom are still in good condition...

Make a video for your family! Leave something for your children and their children. My father will never walk me down the aisle or know his grandchildren. It would have been wise for him to record a video of him the way he wants to be remembered.

Let your family have something that reminds them of what you were like before ALS started to take away your strength.

I once had a friend who had a trach due to esophageal cancer and I kept a message he left on my phone for months as it was the last time I heard him speak naturally.

Your Mom has a great idea. I hope you let us know how it develops.

I am not diagnoseded yet....But anyway I told my husband I wanted him to record me saying goodnight to my children.

My son is 7 and has this long good night ritual that has to be said just right or we have to start over, he says this is the only way he does not have bad dreams.

When my daughter who is 4 started pre-k at naptime on the first day she told the teacher I can't go to sleep because my Mom always says I love you and have sweet dreams before i go to sleep.

I have a tape recording of my sister , who was killed in a car crash at age 22 in 1976. I forgot about it. But I no longer have a tape recorder. I had better get to EBay. Food for thought. How the world turns. Take Good Care, Peg

I can't recommend one place over another, but there are places that can copy your tape onto CD format. Same sort of thing with old 8mm or VHS tapes, those can be copied onto DVD.

My father is still the voice on the answering machine at my parents home, which is very strange to hear.

I want to record him sleeping.

I want to record him sleeping. He's noisy. I would love for him to record himself reading a book he loves, or read poems that remind him of me. But in the end it would be so incredibly painful to listen. I get choked up just thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back