Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Sheffield
First I'd like to say I know this is just a discussion forum and nobody on here are qualified to diagnose, however I know that a lot of people are very well educated on ALS and can help mentally.

Basically, my symptoms seem to be weakness in both arms mainly from my elbow to my shoulder, the "adrenaline" feeling, and when I lift my arms up it feels like a "juddering" sensation as though I'm struggling to lift up my arms. It feels as though my muscles are tense in both arms.

Both legs feel like "jelly" is the best way to describe it, and I also have sharp shooting pains in my legs/hands, more between my thumb and my index finger.

I've booked an appointment to see a doctor but just really worried whilst waiting.

I'm a 29 year old Male, with no regular medication being taken. Could this be the first stage of ALS?

It is most unlikely that ALS would present in all four limbs as you describe, nor is the pain you describe typical. What you report could be a virus, nothing at all, etc. It's wise to start with your GP as you are doing.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks for the reply, the best way I could describe the arm weakness is if you're out in the cold, and you try to text someone on a mobile phone and you struggle to do it, thats how I feel, minus the coldness. My arms shake also.

Great news, that's not how it is with ALS :)

Best to see a doctor, you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back