Diagnosis
12/2001
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Ruskin
If some have'nt been to LiveScience.com/ Viruses . I beleive someone someday will find that Viruses are to blame for what we have . For instance a Retrovirus is agressive and is found in Cancers and HIV ,it destroys the cells it enters and very fast (ALS) ? Enteroviruses are usually slow and not as agressive and change cell function . Viruses are Parasites that Hijack the Hosts they get into and use them to make new Viruses and in so doing change the Host (US) DNA . Theory is They have entered our Neurons and are changing the way the Neurons work Being they are not agressive Viruses they only change the way our Neurons Function . Something to give thaught to . Geo

Geo~

I agree 100% I have been prone to all your run-of-the-mill viruses. And test postive for epstienn-barr, and herpes simplex-1(not the std!). I have had issues with my health (nothing bad) over the years due to this and my immune system. THEN, after I gave birth and with a weak immune system got a vaccine (I also believe that they cause of a bunch a medical problems) then an infection (virus, so to speak) of a colon infection called C-Diff. It took over and I was in the hosp. 3x for a week a shot. My point is that after that I prone to this and I must of got "something" as my body is declining all since December.

anyway, I guess my point is agree.

april

Interesting information! I hope somebody is investigating this.

I remember how for decades ulcers were thought to be from stress, overwork, worry, lifestyle ... the old "blame the patient" mindset ... then a doctor found that they were caused by bacteria, and a simple regimen of antibiotics cured them. The medical profession fought against this discovery for many years, while patients continued to suffer. Now, it's accepted wisdom and people are being cured.

It makes sense that "something" causes motor neurons to suddenly go wacko ... viruses are a very interesting theory.
BethU

I've always agreed wholeheartedly too. My symptoms started after a bout of shingles - which is a virus.

Problem is, we all seem to know it, but WE don't have the ability to push the research and find solutions.

Who's going to fund research for our small group when there is cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. killing hundreds of thousands, maybe millions?

Don't see anybody coming up with anything to help any of us in our lifetimes.

Sorry I sound like such a downer.............

Of course why would doctors want to cure something that puts money in their pockets . Thats like shooting yourself in the foot LOL . and yes POX virus or VZV Varicella Zoster Virus is the one for Chick Pox. which lives in your body asleep for Decades then comes back out in the form of Shingles . HPV or Human Papilomas Virus , causes Cervical Cancer , hence the Pap Smear . The List goes on and on . I use to go in every year to my Neuro so he can charge me and not help me . i dont know, but is there something wrong with that Picture . Paying someone who cant help you ,might as well throw your money in the street . Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back