Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Barrie
In a short while. I'm off to have my last MRI before being diagnosed. As I've posted before, the Neuro has said possible ALS and I'm taking riluzole. GM-1 test came back negative. My wife is going nuts with worry, me, I don't know what to do with this. It's been a strange journey to this point. Wish me luck.
Vincent

Have you had an EMG?

It is good that you are on riluzole but as dusty7 asked EMG? Pleas keep us updated on your situation and I will add to to my steadly growing prayer list.

Rick

Thank you for your replies. I have had numerous EmGs and nerve conduction tests. All abnormal in lower extremities and slight abnormalities in both uppers. I have worn an AFO for a year for foot drop. The tibialis anterior muscle is completely atrophied on my left side, fortunately the right still works. Weakness and fatigue are constant. My wife has noticed changes in breathing and swallowing. I get results on the 7th of April . On the good news front I've got tickets for the Jays home opener on the 4th.......
Vincent

You go Vincent! All you can do is LIVE, and live to the fullest. There is a lot of great information on this site about gizmos and gadgets to make your and your wife's life easier, and your ability to remain independent as long as possible. Our favourite is the bidet seat. You will be in our prayers.

Paulette

>On the good news front I've got tickets for the Jays home opener on the 4th

That' the spirit!

Did they do the spinal tap yet? This seems important for a couple of reasons: (1) I may present other possible causes and (2) If you do get an ALS diagnosis it will help an ALS specialty clinic/research facility track key markers (google "ALS foxp3 david beers stanley appells"). I am one of their guinea pigs :) ...

Go Jays!

Max

Vincent,
So sorry you find your way here.

There are some Ontario pals here that can and will help you.
I've been at this 3 years, and sure life is different, but still great.
I will help you with anything I can, as others here have helped me.
One step at a time.
Cheers,
Casey

Nobody has brought up a spinal tap yet. And from what I've heard of these I'm not bringing it up either.
Vincent

Good luck Vincent!

A fellow ontario pal, Evelyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back