Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
TX
City
Austin
Yesterday morning Eileen was conscious enough to hug every person that came to her bedside. Not sure she recognized everyone, but it was her nature to be delighted with anyone she met. Two pastors arrived and I believe she did recognize them. So, she was not in pain at that time, but there was no improvement in the swelling.

Wish it had been peaceful, but while her heart had long been ready for heaven, her brain was not. ALS can not take anything more away from her. I pray no other CALS/PALS have to go thru such a terrible passing. For other CALS, if your PALS is on a breathing machine 24/7 and you don't have a backup unit, then unexpected equipment failure w/o morphine could be worse than anything you can imagine.

Re: On hospice

Larry I am so very sorry. Holding you tight and praying for peace.

Hugs

Re: On hospice

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife Larry and the horrible trauma you all went through. You were such a wonderful caretaker of her. I will be praying for you to find peace and comfort. Kate

Very sorry, Larry. You two were an inspiration.

Note: Eileen's obituary is here.

Best,
Laurie

I am very sorry for your loss. She was very lucky to have you. May she now fly free!

She is at peace now up in heaven after what she went throu. Keep strong.

I am so very sorry, Larry. Wishing you peace.

I’m so sorry for your loss Larry. Your love for Eileen was clear. You were an amazing caregiver and many of your innovations to provide her with comfort and adaptation were truly inspiring.

Condolences to you and your family.

Larry, I am very sorry for your loss. You have my deepest condolences.

Steve

So sorry for your loss Larry. That is a very good warning. May peace be with you and your family.

Larry sad to hear this news .
Thx for the info

Larry, I am so sorry for your loss. Eileen sounded like a wonderful person. Your deep love and great care for her was always evident in your posts. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Larry, I'm very sorry for your loss and the hard way in which it happened. You are a great CALS and I hope you find comfort and can let go of the bad memories and stick to the good ones. Eileen hugging everybody in sight made me smile.
Hugs to you!

So sorry for your loss Larry. From what you've written she sounded like a wonderful woman.
Angie

Larry, so sorry to hear this. May you find peace...

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back