Distinguished member
Country
US
State
sd
City
piedmont
good morning ladies.

Grab a cup of coffee and can I talk to you about my "girls"? For the last 2 weeks I have been having alot of pain in my pecs. It isn't actually BOOB pain. I am wondering if since I have lost girth in my trunk area if I just need to buy a different bra or what? I am blessed (or cursed) into the Bereau of Bigger Breasted Babes- thank God they haven't shrunk like my butt. By the way I am 6 years post hysterectomy so it is not cyclic pain.

Please advise?

Love,
Cindy

I was having a little problem in that area. I am 20 years post hysterectomy, I was very young when that happened,lol. Thank God for adoption. I found a new bra to be helpful, but not just any bra. Go to Victories secret and let them fit you with one, a little more cash than the Walmart ones but well worth it. My 21 year old daughter hooked me up with this new idea, plus they have really pretty 'NIGHT CLOTHS". I really need to quite hanging out with these young girls, don't I.

I think the general rule is a smaller band size for about every 10 pounds lost... I too, was blessed , and I only wish that my butt could shrink! But, I digress, my daughter worked at a bra boutique for a number of years, and my niece was a bra buyer for a while, so, I got to learn all about measuring. The most important thing is to not add 5" to ribcage measurement to get band size. Just add anywhere from an inch to about three. I learned that I really didn't have narrow shoulders (never could figure out why my straps were always falling down) it was because I was wearing too loose of a band and it was riding up in the back so the straps slipped off of my shoulders. 90% of the support should come from the band (with underwires) and only 10% straps. Underwires should lie flat on the sternum, and not touch the breast anywhere. They both said to never go to Victoria's Secret to be fitted, that they'll just fit you in whatever they have that comes closest. I actually shop a good bit online at Figleaves (and they've got huge sale right now!) They offer both Fantasie and Freya that have small bands with larger cups. These are UK sizing though, so their cups go, C, D, DD, E, F, FF, G whereas US bras run C, D, DD, DDD, G. The customer service (at figleaves) is great, so if I have a question about cup size conversion, it just takes a phone call, plus its always free returns. When I first discovered them I became a pretty regular customer :cool: so much so that the Fed Ex guy asked me what Figleaves was :lol:

...Oh, Renee, I just read your post, and I wasn't intentionally disagreeing about Victoria's Secret, I'd already written this before I read all of what you'd posted, but from experience with them, not only my and my family, but friends too, anyone that has much for girls will do better elsewhere. (I wear a 34 band and they try to fit me in a 38 just to try to get the cups to fit) Cup size is directly dependent on band size, so, a 38C =36D 34DD = 32DDD....

OK, bra lesson over (I'll have to tell my daughter that I got to "share" on here LOL)

ROSE

No problem, I definitely learned a lot from your lesson, thanks. I have to admit, like I said in my post the main reason I go there is a lesson from a 21 year old, not always wise. But I still like their night cloths.LOL.

cindy,

I get that stabbing pain in that area. I just thought it was hormones or because I had a baby. I was blessed in that area as well. After my first son I lost a cup size and was happy. After my 2nd son I lost anther, I was still happy because finally I could wear cute dresses and tank tops. Well, after Grace I am right back to wear I started before all three kids. It is strange. Would a better bra help with those pains? I dont get them all the time, just sometimes. Sometimes they are more in my clavical area.....

Well I just gotta say...what an interesting thread. It took me a few moments to figure out what you meant by 'the girls'...:lol:anyways, I recently griped on some other thread about my bra straps falling down on the left side. Perhaps a good fitting would solve the problem. I will look into it! Just love this forum!

Lydia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back