Diagnosis
10/2007
Country
US
State
michigan
City
rothbury
I was wondering if anyone had these lab tests and what do they show. Motor neuropathy panel from athena to include antigangliogide Ab and Paraneoplastic .Ab panel

If they did them they didn't mention them.
AL.

Do you know a web site where I could find out?

Athena Diagnostics has some info at: http://www.athenadiagnostics.com/content/test-catalog/

I searched for antiganglioside on Google and got all sorts of stuff. Most of which means nothing in terms of what your doctor is looking for. Have you asked your doc about the tests? That would be the first place I'd start.

I had those tests three years ago and I believe they are to eliminate multifocal motor neuropathy which is similar to ALS but potentially treatable. I also understand that the tests results are not necessarily conclusive, but a positive antibody test will justify attempts to treat your condition with immune modulating treatments such as IVIG.

Thanks for the information. My husband had these tests this week. Now I have hope.

athena lab bloodwork

be careful with bloodwork that is sent out to this lab. no-one told us that the bloodwork was not coverd by our insurance, and athena lab does not negotiate price. to our surprise we were billed several hundred dollars. I guess that is the same as buyer be ware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back