Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for responding, Greg. I'm sorry you didn't get any good results. I do remember seeing a couple of other good reports here, though. I see that ALS Untangled is looking into it. It will still be interesting to see what they come up with.

My progression 'progressed' whilst on LS and ALC, but I suspect that was due to fall off a curb when some stupid &$##@ woman took the only HC spot "to save a minute"...

I think you mentioned gaining increased strength in your arm or hand's ability to place dishes on an overhead shelf after only 6 days. Did that ability later diminish?

that was not me. 8)

Wish I could figure out who Max was referring to who experienced the arm improvement with the L-serene

Hey! Nikki!

Any learning from your start/stop cycle?

>Max was referring to who experienced the arm improvement with the L-serene

wasn't me unless it was a quote from another post ...

Hello Max,

I am new to this forum and I am sorry that I am asking you straight away. The last time I communicated with a reseacher of the Institute of Ethnomedicine that conducts the trial on L-Serine, I was adviced to give to it to my aunt. Since you are the only person that I know who tried taking L-Serine, have you seen any improvement or any sideffects?

Thank you in advance,
Manos

>Max, it was thee in post #11

oops that was a quote, not me ... forgot the ">"

>I am new to this forum and I am sorry that I am asking you straight away. The last time I communicated with a reseacher of the Institute of Ethnomedicine that conducts the trial on L-Serine, I was adviced to give to it to my aunt. Since you are the only person that I know who tried taking L-Serine, have you seen any improvement or any sideffects?

I take a nominal dose 2x/day. no side effects, but how would I know if it did any good?

Max - Can you please tell us where you found the quote that you posted about L-serene?

Mchara - There have been 3 different "success" anecdotes posted here about L-serene (There is another "L-serene" thread located elsewhere)

>Max - Can you please tell us where you found the quote that you posted about L-serene?

nope, did some digging, but no luck -- I archive all my reserch notes on a 4gb nas, so i'll unbox it and set it up in the new network rsn. still, it looks like a forum quote ...

Researchers say that ALS may be the outcome of many factors. They don't know yet if there is a common cause.
The institute of Ethnomedicine has noticed that some ALS patients are infected from β-Methulo-Alanine (BMAA) found in Cyanobacteria. Those with high rates of β-MethyloAlanine (BMAA) patients also share low rates of L-Serine in their brain, so the Institute are supposing that giving a high dose of L-Serine may help.

The research is on Phase I which is to determine if a high dose of L-Serine is safe. So it is logical to say that many years may pass without any research outcomes for L-Serine, since they are still conducting Phase I.

Some doctors here in Greece suggest that a test of Aminocids from brain tissue should be taken in order to start taking L-Serine, but my aunt is not capable to go to the hospital for the tests. She is at a final stage.
I can't tell if my aunt's ALS is an outcome of BMAA and I am thinking of taking the risk and advising her to start therapy with L-Serine on high doses. I am just hoping not to make it worse.

Just a comment about L-Serine....My wife took 30 grams a day for approximately 3-4 months. 15 grams twice daily. I was hoping that I would see some benefits but did not. I also did not observe any problems either. She just had her physical 3 weeks ago and her blood work up was fine. She has not been taking it for the past month and I observe no difference. My personal opinion...this was a real shot in the dark. I researched it very thoroughly and was hopeful. I think this is basically a theory with no research or no anecdotal information to back it up. We do not intend to start using it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back