Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the TENs string or unit? I don't see any obvious thread about such a topic at this time.

>What is the TENs string or unit?

bad idea altho sounds reasonable ....

Max: Were you able to obtain 15 gram pills of L-serene and if so can you say from where? I just received the powdered form from Bulk Supplements a few days ago but its a little bit of a hassle to measure out the correct amount.

I was just talking about the L-serene to my local ALS support group leader who is an RN. He told me that after looking into it he felt it was basically a safe product to take but that I should be aware that it being an amino acid that there can be a build-up of CO2 which can cause body fatigue. I just started taking it last Sunday pm but did seem to feel a little fatigued yesterday on my treadmill after about 15 mins at 2 mph. (I usually do a minimum of 20 mins to give the heart a little workout). Was wondering if anyone else noticed this? I think I will cut back my dosage from 30 grams daily to about 20.

What good does the muscle stimulation do when there are no functioning nerves to the muscle?

Nebrhahe53: I wonder about that as well but there have been at least 3 anecdotal experiences shared here of people regaining strength/movement in docile areas of their bodies.

>>Max: Were you able to obtain 15 gram pills

nope, i'm using the tho low dose stuff from amazon + 3,000 cal a day diet

>>Max: Were you able to obtain 15 gram pills

nope, i'm using the tho low dose stuff from amazon + 3,000 cal a day diet

I'm not sure what "tho low dose stuff" is but I guess I can find it - Did you mean "the low dose" ?

You mentioned some success in restored arm power and wasn't this accomplished using L-serene or was it rather "low dose stuff"? I'm a little confused.

>L-Serine

L-Serine 500 mg Tab 1 tablet every 12 hours

>You mentioned some success in restored arm power and wasn't this accomplished using L-serene or was it rather "low dose stuff"? I'm a little confused.

that, unfortunately, was not me. no restored anything, just linear decay (not complaining m mind you!)

Max: Re: your quote from your July 31st posting - were you referring to some other supplement "I know there is currently an L-serine trial under way but this wasn't available to me were we live. I have been taking the maximum daily dosage that the study is using 30 grams. Well I'm cautiously optimistic but after only 6 full days I'm able to lift coffee cups onto the second shelf in a cupboard (couldn't do this with two hands a week ago) and am able to lift my right arm higher then I could a week ago, by a significant amount."

>I have been taking the maximum daily dosage that the study is using 30 grams.

not I -- I think Greg was taking a large dose, but not me

I'm sorry that I thought that was you I was quoting as I didn't see anyone else being attributed in that posting. I guess I still haven't figured out how this system works!

I guess I'll have to inquire from Greg how the L-serene is currently working for him.

I might add that after 6 days at 30 grams per day I haven't noticed anything difference yet.

I gave up on the L-Serine (and Acetyl L Carnitine). I had been taking the max (30g) dose for a month after taking a smaller one (15g) for the preceding month.

I saw no overall improvement although I had 'thought' there was an initial improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back