Diagnosis
09/2005
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
I don't usually watch much TV so this is an unacceptable nuisance and one I would like to have resolved. Since my hands are so bad I cannot deal with the remote and someone sets the volume at an appropriate level for a show & the commercials blast you out of the room! If I don't figure out how to regulate this I will give up watching TV again and find something more productive to invest my time in.

What are you all doing?
Or, have you just gotten used to it?

4rhl1981

Distinguished member
Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
OHIO
City
Wickliffe
I know exactly what you mean about the commercial going loud, it drives me nuts because I'm constantly adjusting the volume even from commercial to commercial! I can definitley understand your fustration with the volume and not being able to adjust it. I look on the net and see if they have anything to control that, if I find anything I'll post it.

4rhl1981

Distinguished member
Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
OHIO
City
Wickliffe
I found a whole bunch on the net they look like they average about $30.00 (mostly under) they hook up to your cable box, vcr, dvd players, or directly to your tv, and control commercial volumes and special effect volumes on show and movies as well, most of them are called "automatic tv volume regulators", they are all over the net. I'd post a couple of the sites up but I don't want to break any forum rules or support any one company.

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
You could post a couple of links. I don't think you'd get too rich selling remotes here. Links are allowed if they are of use to PALS or CALS.

AL.

olly

Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
hi joel

i know exactly what you mean.
i have trouble using the remotes, sometimes even lightly pressing down on the button
produces no results.
if you have to press down continuosly to turn the volunme up and down that is a problem.
i can not turn my mp3 player off so my son needs to do this,no matter how hard i press the button i can not do it.

joelc

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2005
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
Thank you 4rhl1981 I will pick on up and let everyone know how well it work!

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
I had to get a new TV. LCD and all that and I went looking in the menu and turned on the auto volume. It's supposed to adjust for ads and music in movies. I'll get a good test when I watch football and see those stupid, annoying loud Dodge Ram commercials.

AL.

brendapals

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
Al,
I noticed this week-is it the stupid, annoying Dodge Ram commercials that actually had the guys saying "fricking" on TV?

Amazing what our society has become...

Al

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
I hit mute so don't hear all of it. Doesn't surprise me though. Guess they'll try anything to sell gas guzzling crappy monster trucks.

AL.

brendapals

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
so true, so sad, yet still so true:!:

joelc

Moderator emeritus
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2005
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
I found a volume regulator on eBay for $30.00 - it works great! Problem solved.

rose

Extremely helpful member
Reason
DX MND
Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
I'm wishing there was a way to mute out the amazingly annoying sportscasters during the football games! Since when did it become necessary to fill every single moment of a game with conversation~ not even conversation, but prattling on about anything just to fill the void it seems. That Phil Simms starts out, and has repeated himself sometimes before the first 5 minutes of the game have been played! :evil: Ideally, if the game is local, one can turn off the sound on the TV and put on the radio, those guys are a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.