Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
ottawa
I have been trying out Kre-Aikalyn for about two months. It is a different form of creatine, here are some of the differences between the two.

1) Kre-Alkalyn is the only creatine that does not convert
to toxic creatinine before reaching your muscle. Regular creatine degrades by 90%, leaving only 10% usable product. Kre-Alkalyn
prevents this by letting you use 100% of the creatine you take.
This makes Kre-Alkalyn 10 times more effective than regular creatine.

2) Creatinine ('kree-AT-ah-neen') is a toxic waste that is produced when regular creatine hits liquid. Creatinine is so toxic that your kidneys work overtime to protect you from damage. This stress is why people get gut-rot, diarrhea, nausea and bloating. Kre-Alkalyn prevents this by giving you a 100% stable creatine source.

3) Kre-Alkalynis buffered creatine. The pH level of Kre-Alkalyn is between
12-14 and this prevents it from breaking down in any liquids - even stomach acids. The exclusive Kre-Alkalyn pH Controlled Delivery System makes this possible.

My experience with Kre-Alkalyn has been positive I seem to have put on some weight after using it. I was down to 173 lbs, now I am 183 lbs.

Ron

Way to go Ron!

I've had a hard time with the regular creatine. It always upsets my stomach.
I'm going to look into the kre alkalyn form. Hopefully it will work better!

Cheers!

The regular creatine monohydrate doesn't bother me but a friend that was using it just told me about Whey Protein. He says after a week on it he has more energy. Think I'll try it as my butt has been dragging these past weeks. At least what is left of it.

Hi,
I just ordered some of the Purple-K creatine. Funny that this came up: my father has been complaining that after he takes the (regular) creatine, his legs feel heavy, especailly as of late. He compared the feeling to being about the same as when he took a strong cocktail of supplements and had a toxic shock reaction, part of which was the heaviness in the legs. He usually stops creatine for 1 week, then takes it for 3 weeks. He was about due to start again, and was hesitant, as his legs had just cleared of that heaviness. So, as soon as he has taken the "K-creatine" I will report if any improvements.
Al, I am not certain, but think I read somewhere abouth whey protein (depending on how it was processed) as being somehow connected with glutamate, or glutamate activation in the body - can not remember clearly. May be someone (Jerry?) will have a better idea? I know for certain, that the protein powders sold at GNC/health food stores all contain natural flavours or "stuff" we are trying to avoid. And so do the whey protein powders sold on the shelf. Before we knew that, my father was using them as a source of protein and did have a really adverse reaction, so we threw them out. At this time, his protein comes from organic chicken, fish, nuts, eggs, olive oil, yogurt, etc.

Geez don't get Jerry started again. LOL Actually now that you mention it I do recall something about the glutens in it. I think I'll have to take a close look at the label. Also funny that you should mention about the heaviness in your fathers legs. Mine have been really heavy feeling lately. I just put it down to the progression of the disease. I walked about 300 yards today and was pooped when I got back to my van. Maybe I'll not take the creatine for a month or so and see what transpires.
Thanks for mentioning it.
Al.

You are funny, Al!
We did come to the conclusion that something does cause toxicity which triggers either lactic or toxic reaction in the muscles, so they feel heavy and thight. Today, for example, dad felt so good, he actually ran up/down the driveway and did not tire at all, so go figure. He had started adding a late night snack before going to bed, which apparently is doing a lot of good, as he does not wake up hungry or muscle hungry (to use his expression).
QUESTION: Does anyone experience general weakness, affecting even speech (especially if not bulbar ALS) if food intake not adequate? Meaning, if diring the course of the day meals were low caloric (veggies/fruits) and low in protein calories? It is almost as if constant supply of "fuel" is crucial.

And, yes, we are going to go for a Lyme test as well. Have to find a doctor to request it (we are totally off doctors...). It is so good to keep exchanging experiences - who else is going to help?

Hi Al,
Please let me know if you feel any change after discontinuing taking creatin for a while. My father was out all day today and his legs were not tired at all, for the first time in a long while. It usualy takes about week or so, to start feeling better - "lighter." If the regular creatine turns out to have been the culprit, then we must let others know about it. If the information is accurate on how regular creatine interacts when in contact with liquids/fluids in the body then there should be some sense of relief in the muscles, once the toxins are excreted/cleared? Dad is not going to start on the "K" creatine until about 2 weeks from now. He wants to clean his system first, so can better monitor the effects, if any.
Best to all,
Upila

I have noticed my fasciculations are more prominent when I skip meals. My dad who is 91 now eats about 4 or 5 small meals in a day because he found he would get shaky between meals when he only had 3 per day. He usually includes a protein in each of them. He takes a low dose blood pressure pill that he just started last year. Other than that he is healthy as a horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back