tejbzor

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SV
Hi, sorry for bad english.

I have had knee pain for 1 year now and resently i discovered less strength in the same leg(xray said nothing). I can stand up from 90° on right leg but it is not possible from the left leg. My left leg muscles looks to have less mass(smaler) then the right leg. When I meet my doctor and he did count the area of calf muscle and it was slightly smaler on left side. (I see a diferent on the bigger leg muscles as well but my doctor didnt messure them at the time.
After my appointment with the doctor i have noticed some "Fasciculator" (movement in the muscle without me doing anything) in left calf leg and also in right leg.
i have read about a special type of ALS called patrikios syndrome (at least in sweden it is a type of als).
this version of als can cuase chronic pain in knee for example what ive have read.

the doctor said at first meeting i should just train or talk to a physiotherapist. but at the time I had not noticed the Fasciculator so I could not show him that and now im on holiday for 3 mounth so I cannot meet him in 3 mounth.
Thanks in advance.
What do you think?

That variant would affect both legs equally. And yes, it is very rare. Nor does it start with knee pain. Nor do other forms of ALS.

After your holiday, I would see the physio and be evaluated, to know more of where you stand. Likely you have an old or recent injury and it is very common for such injuries to bring on more twitching than you might expect.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back