Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
CO
City
LONGMONT
My sister is flying free - she is no longer trapped in her chair or her bed. No more air hunger or suffering. Kay died in her sleep during the night with caregiver Keyla by her side, her son Karl and husband Rob close by. The family had been there last night, including grandkids, her biggest joy.

I'm flying to Tucson tomorrow morning. Yesterday was Kay and Rob's 39th anniversary. He's having a very hard time as expected. We all will be - but none of us were praying for more torture for Kay. Especially since she was last able to use computer earlier this week. It's been a long goodbye of losing my sister.

I know she treasured all of you on the forum for all your advice, humor, ... She could not have survived this journey of almost 6 years without the support she received here. All of our lives are changed forever.

With much gratitude and love - Marcia

I am so very sorry for your loss - and ours. Thank you for telling us.

I am glad she went peacefully with loved ones there and is now free

She was a very very special person and so very loved

You are the best sister ever.

Love to all of you

She was my hero. I’m crying as I read this yet am glad she is free. Much love to you and your family.

Thank you for sharing with us. You and your family are in my thoughts. Kay's generous spirit will be missed here.

oh Marcia, such sincere condolences to you and all the family.
Kay was the brightest shining star and touched the hearts of countless people during the past 6 years in ways that will enrich lives for decades to come. I'm so glad she passed peacefully in her sleep, and was surrounded by those that love her.
She will be sorely missed, but not one of us would wish her torture to have continued.
Love you Kay

Fly free, Kay. You are no longer burdened by this horrific beast. Marcia, much love to you and your family. Hugs to you.

Kay continued her work as a teacher and mentor on these forums. Her common sense and strength of purpose will be missed. Much peace and strength to you all, Marcia.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you all -- I will probably keep reading. Feel like you are all a part of Kay. We learned so much from this group. Sending shining star love to everyone.

I'm so sorry to hear about Kay. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Marcia,

Thank you so much for letting us know our beloved Kay is flying free. She was very special to me. She helped me get the PWC I needed and even gave me a copy of her letter.

Kay meant so much to so many of us. She actually inspired me to live where I have access to a pool.

I'm so sorry for your loss but glad she's free of suffering.

She helped us right up to the end.

Much love to you and to Kay's family.

So sorry to hear. She was a special lady..

I am so sorry for your loss Marcia and thank you for letting us know. Kay was such a wonderful person, emotionally honest and so positive. She was an inspiration to me as a CALS, I will miss her. My condolences to all her family.
Kate

Marcia, I am so sorry for your loss but glad that Kay is free. She was such an amazing woman and we will miss her dearly. You and all of her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

I'm sorry. There are no sufficient words. She was such an amazing person who touched so many people.

So sorry for your loss! Kay will be missed on this forum as well. I a glad she is now free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back