Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
I mentioned this event in a thread a while back, but I'll post about it again here.

Every year at this time, Katmai National Park in Alaska has a "Fattest Bear" bracket tournament. It's entertaining and educational and there are no prizes except the satisfaction of following along and maybe managing to support the Fattest Bear winner through the eliminations. It's astounding to see the bears' pictures from when they woke up from hibernation in the Spring compared to the hefty monsters they are after a summer of eating salmon and berries.

If you wish to participate/follow, search for Katmai National Park's FaceBook page and you will see their tourney info there. My vote's for Divot. He got robbed last year!

From the Katmai Park FB page:
"How to participate in Fat Bear Week: This is a single elimination tournament to determine the 2019 fattest bear on the Brooks River. For each set of two bears, vote with your "likes" or “love” for the bear you think is the fattest. Likes (votes) will be considered final at 6:00 pm AKDT on the day of the post. The most liked bear advances. Only one will be crowned the 2019 Fat Bear Tuesday Champion!"

1569783288295.png

Thanks, Shiftkicker, for sharing the Brooks Falls site. I have been enjoying watching these amazing creatures ever since you brought it to our attention!!!!!

she is fabulous!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back