Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
CA
City
Orange County
My heart is breaking.

Hospice was a disaster. They wanted to take her Trilogy, suction and nuedexta.
I couldn't let that happen, as those are comfort items for her, imo, so I sent them away and started to look for another group that would keep the trilogy.

She aspirated yesterday while using the bathroom. I couldn't suction it. Her jaw was clamped shut.
We came to ER. It was harrowing.

She is in the comfort care unit of the hospital, on comfort meds and we are just waiting with her.

I'm not ready.

Jen

Jen my tears are for you.
You are not alone in your wait. We are waiting with you.
You and Kathy are in my prayers.
God bless, Janelle xxx

Oh Jen, words fail me, so I'm just holding your hand.

Tell her all you would want her to hear no matter how many times you may have said these things. She will know you are there, she will feel it.

I'm lighting a candle here right now.

Dear Jen,

I'm so sorry.
I don't have words, except to say neither one of you
is alone.
We are here, with both of you in our hearts.

Truly,
Laura.

I'm so scared of the rest of the grief that is sure to come.

Thank you for thinking of us.

Dear Jen,

We will be here.

Sincerely,
Laura.

I'm so sorry, Jen. I know you have worked so hard.

Have you talked with Kathy previously about her wishes? Even in a comfort care unit, you may need to speak for her in some way. We are all there beside you and her in spirit and if you have any questions. Thank you for walking the path with her.

Best,
Laurie

---
Please, everyone, as we have said before, run through what your PALS is using before engaging any hospice agency. They are not, unfortunately, all the same.

So sorry, keep holding her and telling her how much you love her, she will feel your love and support.
Holding your hand and sending you hugs.
Love Gem

Sending prayers for you. I am so sorry for what you are going through.

May you have peace and strength. My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry.
Charlene

My thoughts and prayers are with you both this morning Jen

I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you. I completely understand you are not ready for this and we are here with you. I pray and hope that you can both find some peace and comfort through this. There are no words for what you are dealing with. I am hugging you in spirit right now and will say a prayer for you both.

Remember to be where you are and look for grace. It is hard to find, but always there. I have just this week sat vigil as my aunt died of cancer. God is with you in these moments. Peace be with you.
Vincent

Remember to be where you are and look for grace. It is hard to find, but always there. I have just this week sat vigil as my aunt died of cancer. God is with you in these moments. Peace be with you.
Vincent

Her nurse is named Grace and she is wonderful.

I got my dad to go home. He is incontinent and was filthy and just exhausted. As soon as he got home he called, weeping. It was hard to get him to sleep because he kept accidentally hanging up the phone and calling back.

I had other thoughts. Can't remember them.

Jen, my heart weeps with you. We will be here. Much love to all of you.
Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back