Not open for further replies.

shayshaper

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi all -- I hope you're doing well. Just wanted to get people's thoughts on my symptoms as I wait --
I'm a 28 year old female who has been having symptoms since early April of this year (at least that I'm aware of). Currently, I have been to my GP who has run blood tests, and I've had a brain MRI (all normal).
It started with twitching in my right foot that would come and go. Thought it was strange, but then it went into my left arm, and since then has been happening all over, including my face.
2-3 weeks ago I also started having trouble swallowing - currently hard to eat but I at least try to drink ensure, but because of the problems I have 'gotten sick' a few times. Also try to not choke on my own spit but I've been living with it.

I also feel like I've been getting weaker/it's harder to move my hands, but I also think it could be my anxiety. I do realize that I am hyper-aware of every single movement now.

I am scheduled to see a neurologist in a few weeks, so I will share my formal update then. I asked for some anxiety meds to help calm me down a bit in the meantime which has helped.

Thank you all so much for your time, even if you just read the post.

For sure let us know what the neurologist says.
You haven't actually asked any questions.
I certainly wouldn't be jumping from your symptoms to a terminal illness in such a big leap.
Please take care and follow your doctors advice.

When you got to the neurologist, don't just ask them if you have ALS but what might be causing your symptoms. Keep an open mind if you want to get to the bottom of this. Anxiety alone could cause all of those symptoms especially as they are jumping around your whole body.
Being hyper-aware of every feeling within your body can be terribly exhausting.
All the best for your appointment, until then there's nothing to be done here. Try to stay away from sites like this und Dr Google to give your mind some rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back