Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol Deboer

Distinguished member
Just a short note to say how wonderful it is to see that this forum is now international and going stronger than ever! Back in early 2003, when this forum began, and there were only a dozen or so of us posting and sharing our lives with one another, I never dreamed that this forum would flourish as it has.. My Henry has been gone now for 6 years, and I still continue to educate and help people who have been dealt this "ALS Thing". There are times when I check in on the forum and read your posts and just say to myself, holy cow, there is no way I could even begin to answer all of your concerns and questions. I remember the days when I posted and then answered myself on the forum just to have some kind of communication. Al, it is so good to see that you are holding down the fort. I think of you often with love and hope that you are doing okay. Just for a laugh (and a good cry) I read some of the old posts from 2003-2006 the other day, what a walk down memory lane. I have kept my promise to Henry and am still writing my book about our als fight. Anyway, God Bless each and everyone of you that are living with als and to all the caregivers and family supporters. Keep smiling and STAY STRONG! Hugs to you Al and Lee xoxo.....

Carol Deboer (Henry (husband) who lived with ALS for 8 years

Sure is a great forum! Thanks for being one of the "founding fathers," so to speak! And thanks for checking back in. The people here are very special.

Thanks Carol! I don't know what I'd do without this board and all my friends here. As you probably know, when you first get the news it doesn't come with advice on how to deal with the diagnosis. Thank you for your valuable contribution!
Hugs

Hey Carol

Amazing to hear from you.

I think of you whenever I go through the member list.

I was just the new kid on the block when you were a regular.

Sad to say that Al and I are the only regularly active members who are still around from your day. We have lost so many amazing members. Bit overwhelming at times.

Anyway - I hope you are doing well.

Take care.

Richard

Hi Carol. Great that you stiill remember us and your password. LOL. So many have come and gone. The place has changed a lot but stayed the same in other ways. Helpful people for support and answer people for those seeking knowledge. Do you still wear the red bikini? Bet you thought I'd forget. Take care and drop in anytime. Love from Lee and Al.

AL.

hi carol,wow its great to see you post.
i had seen some of your posts when i ventured into the forum archives and like many others wondered how you were.
the thread/posts were a little sparse back then now its just plain crazy and some days you can't keep up.
thankyou for dropping in,its good to see you.
take good care.

Thanks Guys for taking the time to say hello. Al, just for your information, I STILL wear the red bikini! I suppose one day I should retire it! (or maybe buy a new one) I know that we have many, many angels watching over us from this forum, and that gives me such comfort. I remember some days trying to answer some hard questions from someone on the forum, and like magic....my fingers would just start to type a response. Of course, I still look to the heavens for a lot of answers, and I am never disappointed. We all have our challenges in life , and we have to sometimes stand outside of our comfort zone to get the help and answers we need from others that are capable, willing, and caring enough to help us. There are no stupid questions here! Just one silly lady trying to make the best of the difficult situation that we were dealt, and always trying to do the best I can each and every day. I will continue to check in here once and awhile because this was the place that literally saved my life! I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and its nice to know that I was a little stepping stone to such a major, major life changing forum. God Bless you All, I will not go away quietly!lol

STAY STRONG,,,,,,,,,Carol Deboer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back