Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Rich,

When my mother and later my sister were dying from Cancer, we had hospice. My mother stayed with me when she could no longer walk and my sister stayed at her home. We now have a hospice center in our area, which I plan to go to when needed. The nice thing with this situation is I can stay home with hospice support until I am too much but then I can transition to the hospice center. Visitors are welcome 24 hours a day and each person has a separate room. Even pets can visit. The center is llicensed as a nursing home with all of the nurses and medical personnel. We are very fortunate to have such a place near us. You may want to check near you. God Bless You and yours and give you peace as you go through this. Sincerely, Peg

Rich, I think I was thinking about this thread. https://www.alsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4852

The discussion did not stick with the issue of caring for an elderly parent and young kids, but we did touch upon it. Pretty soon you will have full membership privileges and you will be able to PM anybody who you think has a situation similar to yours. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back