Friend was DX
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Toronto
Hey everyone,

Just signed up a few minutes ago as I'm looking for venues to advertise for a fundraiser that my friend is organizing and I guess that I'm co-organizing. I've already posted about it in other forums, so I'll stick to introducing myself here.

My good friend's Dad was diagnosed with ALS in October and already we've seen the start of its devastating effects.

I'm still doing my best to find out more about the disease and supporting my friend as much as I can.

It's rough seeing her having to now care for her father and help out with her Mom as well. Her Mom isn't taken the progression of the disease well and seems to be verbally taking it out on my friend.

If there's any support groups for youths in Toronto that folks can let me know about or ways for friends of those with ALS to help out more, please post or send me any and all links. :)

Thanks,
J

Hello Jameson. Welcome to the forum. I wish you great success with your fundraiser. You all have a big challenge ahead of you, but you will never regret helping this family, I promise! If your friend's dad has not registered with the local ALS chapter or MD society, I urge them to do so. ALso the local ALS clinic can point them to a lot of resources, and, as you have discovered, there is always this site. We have a lot of members in your area. They should be checking in soon. Again, Welcome. Cindy

Hi J. Welcome but sorry about your frend's dad. You can post about the fundraiser in our Events Forum. You can also go to www.alsont.ca and click on the services tab and support or contacts to find out about support groups in Toronto.
AL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back