Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Philadelphia
I just got my bipap machine yesterday. I have bulbar als and mouth does not stay closed unless I try to hold it closed. The RT gave me a full mask that covers nose @ mouth, not very comfortable and of course with the drooling I have to keep putting paper towels under the mask. He also left me the pillow one that has a chin strap that is more comfortable, but for some reason it makes my nose burn. I do have a heat humidifier on this anybody every have that problem, and just how long does it take to get used to this thing? I'm sure different for everyone. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I cannot imagine sleeping with this on. I kept on for 2 hrs yesterday afternoon watching to and 2 last night doing the same, then I took it off.

Hi Chris,
I'm glad you got the BiPap finally! Try putting a little ointment like Va se line on your nose and use the humidifier. You will get used to it and you will feel better. Keep increasing your time... Rog couldn't use the full face mask but liked the nasal pillows. Good luck!

Jen

I knew I used have just messages you, but I thought you were traveling. Thanks for the tip will try. Hope all is well with you. Message me when you can, miss talking with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back