wheeler641

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
indiana
City
dyer
hi, went to my appointment this morning, I brought all my medical records my GP gave me, to make a long story short, he thinks the numbness and electric shocks I am feeling is caused by diabetes nueropathy. Does not know why I am twitching all over or why my joints are hurting so badly, he said to keep taking the prednisone and lyrica. He ordered a mess of blood work, testing again for lyme, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, ana , sed rate and also an mri with contrast for my brain. Is that to rule out ms? Habe an appointment to go back in 2 weeks. Also saw my gp last week, put me on amoxcillian(I don't think I spelled that right)for a sinus infection, He said sometimes twitches develope after an infection of some sort and I have been having sinus headaches for about a month now, also a feeling that there is water in my ear, So far no change, my eye is still twitching constantly and now it moved to my nose and below my eye, also a feeling of numbness on that side of my face. I can take the other twitches but the one in my eye is driving me nuts. The cramps in my legs and toes have got better since I have been drinking about 32 ounces of tonis water a day. Thanks for that advice. No weakness as far as I can tell, I do waddle a bit in the morning because my joints are so stiff. I mentioned that I could not move 2 of my toes but neither doc seemed at all concerned. I know some of my concerns may sound petty compared to what some of you are going through and I pray everyday that they find a cure for this terrible disease and also for all you brave people who are fighting this everyday, god bless, margaret

Hi Margaret. Don't know about all the other stuff with the face sure sounds like a lingering sinus or ear infection.

AL.

hi margaret.
i take it you are diabetic? yes this can cause neuropathy.
the sinus infection can effect your ears also make your face go numb,hopefully the antibiotics should sort that out over the next week.
as well as my neuro appointments i go to a neuro rehab clinic every 4mths,there i see a neuro or registrar .
this is just to take some strain from the neuros,they go over meds or see how you are progressing or order none serious tests and stuff.
anyway on one visit they told me any infection even in a toe can exaggerate spasms or other neuro symptoms,was told you have to seek medical attention as soon as any infection or virus ect starts.
i hope you feel a little better soon:)

Margaret,

Diabetic neuropathy can cause both cramping and muscle twitches. One of my good friend here in town has severe diabetes and gets them pretty regularly.

Robert

I have type2 diabetes and just was diagnosed a year ago, I am slightly overweight about 165 and am really trying to control it, but since I started the prednisone it seems to elevate my blood sugars even if I starve myself, I am also on diovan hct for high blood pressure which depletes my magnesium and potassium levels, I am on a lot of supplements for this, My b12 was 668 so at least I am not anemic. last time I was tested my HBAC its the level of your glucose over period of time, was 9.0 it is supposed to under 6.0 I beleive. My primary care doctor said if I cannot get my blood sugars under control I will have to on insulin. The diabetes thing started when I took a drug called tequin, it is an antibiotic that I took for a urinary tract infection, I wound up in the energency room with a blood sugar level of about 680, I was experiencing blurred vision and severe fatigue, since than tequin has beem taken off the market for the very same reason. My urinary tract infection went away but I was left with type 2 diabetes. I also looked and my 2 toes last night that I thought I could not move, but realized I can move them a little, I just cannot feel them, they feel numb. like they are asleep. Oilly, I can sympathize with you about the leg cramp you had this weekend, I used to get them every night in my calves but after I got up and stood on them they would go away. Has that went away, that must of been horrendous, I cannot imagine having one all day long, it is soooo painful.My daughter is here from out of town till sunday, so I will go for all the tests next week, My headache seems to subsiding since I have been taking the antibiotic and I uped my magnesium per my Gp request, the twitching in my eye is still there though, will report back after I get the mri and other lab testsThanks for listening to all my complaints guys, just want an answer, if this is all caused by diabetes I can live with it, but the bone and muscle pain is the worst(the twitching does not bother me much anymore, except for my eye) Feel worst in the morning and gradually feel better as the day progresses, its like all my muscles are sore and thing actually po and crack when I first get up, so loud I can actually hear it, well thanks again margaret

Hi Margaret. Sorry to hear it is Diabetic neuropathy but glad it is not MND. My FIL had Diabetic neuropathy and it was no picnic. Good luck with your diet and meds. Keep in tough! Cindy

Hi Margaret,

As the mother of a type I diabetic I appreciate your struggle to be healthy; it never ends. Good luck with this, I am relieved results point away from MND.

Lydia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back