Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
About 4 PM Christmas Day the house was full with family and friends, a few stayed late but by 10 o'clock
all had left. Shortly after Ann went to bed.

It was weeks coming, then just a few days, last minute shopping then it was Christmas Eve. It's here.
It came... all is quiet. It's over. For some.

One of our local radio stations started playing classic Christmas music November 15th 24/7. (We have
Sirius XM in the house but their classic Christmas channel isn't my idea of classic Christmas music)
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day the radio station went commercial free. Real Christmas songs.

I stayed up sitting at my desk just staring at the tree listening to that radio station. The tree seemed
more beautiful now than the 3 weeks it's been up. It's closing onto midnight... just past midnight
the radio station immediately went to regular music.

Nope.... the mood, the quiet, the beauty was not going to be broken. Didn't know if it would be
the same so I told Alexa (Intelligent personal assistant, cloud-based voice service.) "Alexa.... play
classic Christmas music." Christmas, for me, was to be a little longer.... Alexa came through playing
the same classic songs the radio station used to play.

I stayed up til 1:30 or so... enjoying my Christmas. No it wasn't over at midnight. And I might do it
again tonight.

My Christmas story.

Good, Al. That certainly was a very long day for you but I'm glad it went well and you got to power down in a meaningful way.

Thanks Kim.

A gift to me and I'm sure to others and for all the folks that were here talking about this
and talking about that no one brought up the "P........" conversation. Thanksgiving too.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back